News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Quote from: Tyr on October 19, 2017, 01:48:20 PM
Long shot. But anyone had any experience with tom tom cameras (yes, seems that's what they're doing post google maps)?
I fancy a budget go pro and their bandit seems the best option

Can't speak about those, but I have one of the fairly cheap Sony ASR models and it has superior low-light ability to most go-pros, non-Californian colour bias and some usable image stabilisation options.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Admiral Yi

What is this thing you call non-Californian color bias Captain Kirk?

HVC

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 19, 2017, 02:14:50 PM

i'm guessing compensating for gloomy uk weather as compared to sunny California weather
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

mongers

Quote from: HVC on October 19, 2017, 02:27:21 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 19, 2017, 02:14:50 PM

i'm guessing compensating for gloomy uk weather as compared to sunny California weather

Yeah I'm not sure it's a real thing, but the accusation levelled at GoPro is their cameras are biased towards beautifully blue sunny Californian skies and so low-light performance isn't so important a consideration.

Whereas Sony being at least designed in Japan have a set of potential in-built biases that are more suited to the somewhat similar UK weather and latitude.

edit:

Of course our Katmai will know the truth about this, Tyr PM him perhaps?

No doubt he does all of his pro work with the raw camera output (or whatever it's named)
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Ed Anger

I think the principals at my kids schools are tired of me taking them out during the day. But I have a way of shutting them up. I tell them I am slowly dying and want to spend time with my kids. It is the H-Bomb of excuses.

BOOM.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

HVC

Go straight for the nuclear option, I respect that. If if that doesn't work tell about the bladder thing. Hell tell them anyway and let me know what looks of horror they make.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

Ed Anger

Quote from: HVC on October 19, 2017, 08:48:59 PM
Go straight for the nuclear option, I respect that. If if that doesn't work tell about the bladder thing. Hell tell them anyway and let me know what looks of horror they make.

ed: Half the time I ejaculate into my bladder
Principal: CALL THE SCHOOL RESOURCE OFFICER

Eddie Teach

Don't take advice from an eggplant.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

You're not teaching them about independence.  :mad:

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 19, 2017, 09:03:10 PM
You're not teaching them about independence.  :mad:

I'm teaching Freedom.

HVC

Eddie Teach

Quote from: HVC on October 19, 2017, 09:06:21 PM
Quote from: Eddie Teach on October 19, 2017, 08:59:56 PM
Don't take advice from an eggplant.

What, you too now? :lol:

For whatever odd reason, that bothers you more than being called a Canadian.  :P
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

HVC's a black guy, right?  Or did I dream that?

Edit:  whoa that one came out wrong

katmai

Teach is our token black guy
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien