News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Well, the exact wording was, "Is that true that living in Europe is very dangerous? or is it just propaganda?"
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

CountDeMoney

Living in Europe has always been dangerous...when it comes to matters of the heart.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Barrister

Is there a reason you're posting a picture of a known baseball gambler?
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

CountDeMoney

I think they put up a statue to him or something in Cincy, just in time for the league to reinforce his lifetime ban.

derspiess

Seriously, guys? 

I know Valmy won't let me down.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Ichiro beat another one of his records?

Admiral Yi

Charlie Hustle bought the farm?

alfred russel

Today I was driving to work, and about to pull onto the interstate access road. A car comes by, smoking, seemingly out of control, passes right in front of me, over the median, over the curb, narrowly missing a streetlight, and stops off road in a grassy area, with airbags deployed. A nervous looking guy gets out of the car, followed by a shaken looking girl, and they run into the woods. A motorcycle cop then pulls up--he was apparently tailing them.

I drove on to work and don't know what happened. It crossed my mind to try to run one or both of them down, and try to be a hero, it looked like I easily could have caught them, but I thought that would make me late to work (I was already late) and might get me shot.

This was right outside of Atlantic Station in Atlanta, if anyone has mad google skillz and can find out what was going on/happened.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on June 23, 2017, 12:10:48 PM
Seriously, guys? 

I know Valmy won't let me down.

Sadly I am unaware of any recent Rose news :blush:

As you can imagine he has not been a popular subject of discussion down in Texas in awhile :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

alfred russel

Ty Cobb, Pete Rose, Chris Brown...it seems like the guys that get the most hits all have personal issues.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Eddie Teach

Chris Brown who?

But seriously, that joke is past its expiration date.  :P
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Tonitrus

More ammo for Seedy and the motorcycle hate.  Likely both a couple of douche's, but the edge goes to the chopper (especially as he didn't stop after the mess he started).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Th6XR02YllI

Admiral Yi

That's awesome. News folks should use more super slo-mo for stuff like this.  :lol:

Not much human tissue left on that poor anchor's face.