News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard Hakluyt

I put some notably stupid answers in as a test and can confirm that is possible to not be an Italian.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

celedhring

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Syt on February 21, 2017, 08:02:22 AM
How German are you?

http://quizlady.com/how-german-are-you/

I got 42% :lol:

Dammit, I got the same, by avoiding some typical German answers. :(

Archy

I'm 15% German, I think the walloon in me is too strong  :Embarrass:

Syt

Random fact: Kevin James (Paul Blart, King of Queens) and Mick Foley (Mick Foley, Mankind, Cactus Jack) were on the same wrestling team in school.

https://www.facebook.com/RealMickFoley/posts/1539579392738860

QuoteNeither one of us was great, but we pushed each other to be the best we could be. Kevin James was one of the toughest, strongest kids in the school, and being able to hang with him in the wrestling room helped my confidence immeasurably. I was actually running winter track for a couple days in an attempt to get in shape, when a friend of mine, John McNulty stopped me and told me I would get in much better shape by wrestling that I would by running winter track.

If just ONE person had stopped me on my way to the wrestling room and reminded me that Kevin James was already the heavyweight, I would have walked back up those stairs - and practically nothing that I have accomplished would have been possible. While I was not A great amateur wrestler by any means, the experience of wrestling in high school allowed me to believe in myself, and that great things might be possible. Thank you Kevin!
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

celedhring

Heh, Kevin James looks like a brick shithouse in that pic.

For comparison:

Richard Hakluyt

Syt

Quote from: celedhring on February 21, 2017, 09:01:58 AM
Heh, Kevin James looks like a brick shithouse in that pic.

Apparently he lost 60-80 lbs for the 2012 movie "Here Comes The Boom":

—Stephen Jay Gould

Eddie Teach

Quote from: celedhring on February 21, 2017, 09:01:58 AM
Heh, Kevin James looks like a brick shithouse in that pic

He kinda looks like Sylvester Stallone.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Valmy

I was 100% German and 100% Italian. I am basically Eugene von Savoia.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

celedhring