And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: Gaijin de Moscu on January 17, 2022, 09:53:54 AM
Quote from: Tamas on January 17, 2022, 09:32:55 AM
I understand the critical importance of bees, but I am not keen on living right next to a hive of them.

Yeah, I agree, especially as my wife is an insectophobe... It would be either her or the bee bricks for me :)

Why insects in particular?  Why not other arthropods?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Gaijin de Moscu

Quote from: Razgovory on January 17, 2022, 03:54:39 PM

Ah, you're right — most arthropods, I should say.

Maladict

Quote from: Sheilbh on January 17, 2022, 10:07:03 AM
There's also bat bricks which alarm me because we have really strict bat protection laws. So it'd basically make knocking down any building with a bat brick impossible unless you can prove no bats use it :lol: :ph34r:

You would have to prove that regardless, no?  Lots of city councils here now require new buildings to have bat or bird friendly spaces. Those bricks wouldn't be made if there was no demand for them.

Razgovory

Quote from: Gaijin de Moscu on January 17, 2022, 04:22:38 PM

How does she feel about scale worms?

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Josquius

Quote from: Sheilbh on January 17, 2022, 03:33:53 PM
:lol: A very Tyr take on where the South starts: North Yorkshire :P

It is hard to think of a more Southern bit of the North to be fair :p
██████
██████
██████

garbon

Quote from: The Larch on January 17, 2022, 11:41:02 AM
Quote from: Tamas on January 17, 2022, 10:50:50 AM
Quote from: Sheilbh on January 17, 2022, 10:07:03 AM
There's also bat bricks which alarm me because we have really strict bat protection laws. So it'd basically make knocking down any building with a bat brick impossible unless you can prove no bats use it :lol: :ph34r:

:lol:

Oh come on, bee bricks, bird bricks, now bat bricks? Surely you are making this up.

:ph34r:

Yeah we have them on my building.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tamas

It's good they put a bat sign on it this way the other flying animals/insects know it's rude to take it over.

Gaijin de Moscu

Quote from: Razgovory on January 17, 2022, 05:13:33 PM
Quote from: Gaijin de Moscu on January 17, 2022, 04:22:38 PM

How does she feel about scale worms?

I'll never know, because I'm never going to show her this  :D

HVC

Do uk bats carry rabies?
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Sheilbh

Very, very rarely. It's more or less eradicated in the UK. I think there's been one case in the last 120 years of someone getting rabies from a bat.
Let's bomb Russia!

viper37

I said the other day that Canadians were slow drivers.  But that doesn't mean they don't dislike traffic jam like the rest of us.

Here is a Canadian woman, from the Ottawa area, trying to avoid traffic jams on highway 417, by taking a small shortcut:
https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/unfazed-woman-takes-selfie-from-her-car-sinking-through-the-ice-in-rideau-river/ar-AASS4RL?li=AAggNb9

The vid:
https://youtu.be/fuEYMQiCb88

How it ended:
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Josquius

Pumping the water out of my moat I found a dead mouse :huh: :(

On the bright side I've seen no more signs of a mouse in my garage :)
██████
██████
██████

The Larch

Quote from: Tyr on January 19, 2022, 08:39:51 AM
Pumping the water out of my moat I found a dead mouse :huh: :(

On the bright side I've seen no more signs of a mouse in my garage :)

You have a moat? Do you live in a castle?

garbon

Why would you be sad about a dead mouse?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Grey Fox

I've gotten rid of hundreds of pest like mouse & squirrels. I still feel sad when I find one dead by it's own mistake.

It's weird.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.