The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

celedhring

Quote from: Valmy on September 24, 2020, 08:26:03 AM
Quote from: derspiess on September 23, 2020, 01:58:19 PM
Quote from: Valmy on September 23, 2020, 01:48:50 PM
Do you hunt with a 9mm or just spending lots of time on the range? :hmm:

Just the range.  My club has a cool steel target range-- ping, ping, ping...

Most of the ammo shortage is range ammo (self defense and hunting ammo is still pretty easy to find).  People are hoarding and ammo factories had already been full capacity-- very similar to the toilet paper shortage we had.

Huh. I had no idea one used different ammo at the range versus self defense or hunting.

Presume it makes sense to have a cheaper variety of ammo to use at ranges, since people are going to use lots of it there.

Syt

Apparently the right wing AfD in German parliament sent an official request to the government (as is their right), inquiring how many people in Germany earn less than the median income.

:lmfao:

The government dutifully replied that 50% earned less than the median income, and 50% earned more (plus number of people).
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

DGuller

Quote from: Syt on September 24, 2020, 10:47:35 AM
Apparently the right wing AfD in German parliament sent an official request to the government (as is their right), inquiring how many people in Germany earn less than the median income.

The government dutifully replied that 50% earned less than the median income, and 50% earned more (plus number of people).
:hmm: Seems like a suspiciously round number.

Malthus

Quote from: Syt on September 24, 2020, 10:47:35 AM

Heh I have to consciously think of the difference between median, mean and mode. But then, I'm not officially asking for information from government. 😄
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Josquius

YOURE CLEARLY JUST BENDING THOSE STATISTICS TO GIVE THE POINT YOU WANT
██████
██████
██████

Malthus

Finally some heartwarming news in 2020 - in Cambodia, a heroic rat is awarded a gold medal for detecting land mines for clearing:

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/09/25/asia/hero-rat-landmines-award-intl-hnk-scli/index.html

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

The Larch

They really awarded the rat a tiny adorable medal!  :cry:

Josquius

How are Suffolk and Southwark pronounced differently? :hmm:
██████
██████
██████

Sheilbh

Quote from: Tyr on September 25, 2020, 03:00:15 PM
How are Suffolk and Southwark pronounced differently? :hmm:
F vs th. Also the u/ou sound is slightly different.
Let's bomb Russia!

Eddie Teach

I would mispronounce Southwark the way it is spelled.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

HVC

Yeah I was thinking how the hell would the be pronounced the same.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Malthus

Quote from: The Larch on September 25, 2020, 02:50:34 PM
They really awarded the rat a tiny adorable medal!  :cry:

It's the cutest thing ever.  :D

HVC

7 years to clear out 35 acres. Jesus.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

The Brain

Quote from: Malthus on September 25, 2020, 02:36:37 PM
Finally some heartwarming news in 2020 - in Cambodia, a heroic rat is awarded a gold medal for detecting land mines for clearing:

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/09/25/asia/hero-rat-landmines-award-intl-hnk-scli/index.html

So cute! :)
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

The Larch

QuoteArgentinian politician quits after kissing partner's breasts in online legislative session

Juan Carlos Ameri initially claimed he thought he was offline
Moment went out on lower congressional house's YouTube

The perils of not paying attention during online conferences.  :lol: