And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Quote from: merithyn on July 08, 2020, 09:07:09 AM
Yes, yes. Black coffee is the only "true" coffee.  :rolleyes:

I like the taste of coffee, but on its own, it's too bitter. Hence the creamer and sweetener. I'll try it, but I make no promises that I'll stick with it.

Try cold brew. It's significantly less bitter.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Barrister

Quote from: merithyn on July 08, 2020, 08:33:24 AM
I'm staying with my daughter this week, and she has been making me French-press coffee every morning.

There's no question that I'm sort of the exact opposite of a coffee snob, but honestly, I'm not noticing much of a difference between this and the coffee from my drip pot. :unsure: Is my palate that unrefined?

I can taste a subtle difference between "good" coffee and "bad" coffee, but just can't be bothered.  I'm off to make my cup of instant coffee right now - where I can definitely taste the difference, but the cost/convenience far outweighs the taste difference.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Barrister on July 08, 2020, 10:46:08 AM
I can taste a subtle difference between "good" coffee and "bad" coffee, but just can't be bothered.  I'm off to make my cup of instant coffee right now - where I can definitely taste the difference, but the cost/convenience far outweighs the taste difference.

You're a savage.

Barrister

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 08, 2020, 10:49:13 AM
Quote from: Barrister on July 08, 2020, 10:46:08 AM

You're a savage.

A $5 jar of instant coffee lasts me a month.  :showoff:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

HVC

hes going to boil his water in the microwave too ;)

I dislike coffee. If I need to drink it to stay up I just let it get cold and chug it for the precious, precious, caffeine.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Habbaku

I'm a coffee snob and specifying "black" coffee without specifying the roast is pointless to me. If it's a dark roast, odds are it's going to need some milk or cream. If it's a light roast, it is usually fine on its own.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Josquius

The one time I tried to order coffee it was hot milk instead. Which was a relief.
██████
██████
██████

Maximus

Quote from: Habbaku on July 08, 2020, 12:08:43 PM
I'm a coffee snob and specifying "black" coffee without specifying the roast is pointless to me. If it's a dark roast, odds are it's going to need some milk or cream. If it's a light roast, it is usually fine on its own.
I'm the opposite. Light roast and cheap coffees needs something to smooth them out.

Maladict

Quote from: Tyr on July 08, 2020, 12:12:15 PM
The one time I tried to order coffee it was hot milk instead. Which was a relief.

England must be one of the worst places for coffee lovers.

The only time I've ever sent coffee back to the kitchen was in England. The "espresso" had the colour and opacity of ale, I was genuinely under the impression someone made a terrible mistake, but no. The manager came out, exasperated, explaining they just press the button that says espresso and this comes out. Pointing out that the regular coffee someone else was having and even the tea looked more like espresso only added to the confusion.

merithyn

This may be the issue. I love dark roast (and I do specify that when I go to a coffee shop).
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Admiral Yi

Can a used fire extinguisher be recharged, or does one just toss them?

If so, where would I go?

DGuller

Quote from: Maximus on July 08, 2020, 02:06:17 PM
I'm the opposite. Light roast and cheap coffees needs something to smooth them out.
Same here, I find that the lighter the roast, the more difficult it is to drink black and still enjoy it.

DGuller

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 08, 2020, 02:33:57 PM

If so, where would I go?
Is everything okay? :unsure:

HVC

If so, where would I go?

You can. Call you local fire department, though should be able to provide you  a list
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

merithyn

Quote from: DGuller on July 08, 2020, 02:39:35 PM

If so, where would I go?
Is everything okay? :unsure:

:lol:

That was my first thought, too.

Yi? What did you burn down, friend?
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...