Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 02, 2020, 01:12:21 PM
Quote from: Valmy on July 02, 2020, 01:07:26 PM
MICRO?! MICRO!!!??1111

The only way he could have macro-agressed more is if he claimed beans belongs in chili. :ultra:

Once you've settled down Captain Lone Star, tell me what's original in Tex-Mex besides 1) no bean chili, 2) smoked brisket, and 3) sour cream.

How many original things do I require?

But I would say it is distinct from interior Mexican food in more ways than that.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 02, 2020, 01:12:21 PM
Quote from: Valmy on July 02, 2020, 01:07:26 PM
MICRO?! MICRO!!!??1111

The only way he could have macro-agressed more is if he claimed beans belongs in chili. :ultra:

Once you've settled down Captain Lone Star, tell me what's original in Tex-Mex besides 1) no bean chili, 2) smoked brisket, and 3) sour cream.

Fajitas? Nachos? hard-shell tacos?
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Admiral Yi

PDH

What more do you need?  There is chili, green chili, chili with tomato sauce, vegetarian chili, and chili without beans.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Eddie Teach

Chili with beans- entree
Chili without- hot dog garnish
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Eddie Teach on July 02, 2020, 01:26:50 PM
Chili with beans- entree

On the chance you've never had Texas chili, it's different from canned meatless chili.  It's more like a spicy beef stew, with no vegetables.

derspiess

Quote from: Eddie Teach on July 02, 2020, 01:26:50 PM
Chili with beans- entree

Correct.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Grey Fox

Quote from: Valmy on July 02, 2020, 01:03:01 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 02, 2020, 12:49:07 PM
Quote from: Valmy on July 02, 2020, 12:41:25 PM
Either they organically evolved from someplace or they developed out of nothing.

I fail to see where the room is between those two.

Developed out of nothing or are 100% imported.  Most cuisines are a combination of the two.

As is Tex-Mex despite GF's blasphemous and outrageous accusations.

:hmm:

Tex-Mex isn't American cuisine, it's Tex-Mex.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Valmy

Quote from: Grey Fox on July 02, 2020, 03:09:22 PM
Quote from: Valmy on July 02, 2020, 01:03:01 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 02, 2020, 12:49:07 PM
Quote from: Valmy on July 02, 2020, 12:41:25 PM
Either they organically evolved from someplace or they developed out of nothing.

I fail to see where the room is between those two.

Developed out of nothing or are 100% imported.  Most cuisines are a combination of the two.

As is Tex-Mex despite GF's blasphemous and outrageous accusations.

:hmm:

Tex-Mex isn't American cuisine, it's Tex-Mex.

Well it isn't not American cuisine either.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

PDH

Texicans are a breed apart.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

mongers

Damn broadband is down and I can't even get through to report the fault, having to rely on a tethering through a phone, not ideal.  :(

Who knew always on internet was that necessary. (human right?)
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Razgovory

God, I hate MSNBC.  My mom is constantly watching that bullshit, so I see quite a bit of it.  Today I saw them mocking Trump and Fox News for flip-flop on masks.  That's not helpful!  If Trump gets more people to wear masks then he can claim he invented masks for all I care.  The important thing is that people wear masks!  Don't try to score political points on it.  Don't give them a reason to not wear mask.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Valmy

Hey Languish I just wanted to let you know my family has just had a personal tragedy and my 3 month old nephew passed away last night suddenly. I will probably be away for awhile. Love you guys.

Syt

Quote from: Valmy on July 05, 2020, 01:20:59 PM
Hey Languish I just wanted to let you know my family has just had a personal tragedy and my 3 month old nephew passed away last night suddenly. I will probably be away for awhile. Love you guys.

I'm so sorry, Valmy. Keeping you and your family in my thoughts. :( :console: :hug:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

Quote from: Valmy on July 05, 2020, 01:20:59 PM

I'm so sorry Valmy! I cannot find the words. :( :console:
Women want me. Men want to be with me.