Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Already mentioned in the gun thread.

Richard Hakluyt

"Look at me!!! I'm so clever I haven't shot my own balls off!!"

Doesn't really work for me  :hmm:

Tonitrus

I pay £15/month and get 5gb, and that rolls over, so I often am carrying 9-10 at any given time.

Grey Fox

In Canada, mobile plans are really expensive.

I pay 45$ for 1GB/month. I could pay 50 for ~8GB but that's the thing here, smaller plans are not much cheaper.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Sheilbh

I've bought my own phone and pay £6 a month (but I can change how much I pay/need each month - I get texted by the provider with their recommendation for next month based on last month).

So £6 = 500MB (I've not been using much data in lockdown :lol:), £8 = 2G and so on up to £25 = 80MB.

That's separate than my flat's internet though.
Let's bomb Russia!

Syt

I recall that T-Mobile Magenta in Austria has bad data roaming prices for certain countries (Turkey, Switzerland, US, Canada, e.g.) where you pay 12-15 EUR per MB. That's Megabyte. :bleeding:

You can buy separate packages when going to the countries, though, like paying EUR 15 up front at the start of a trip to get 800 or so MB to roam with.

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Tamas

Ah data roaming. One of the many blasts from the past that will be returning to my EU trips thanks to Brexit.

Tonitrus

Quote from: Grey Fox on June 01, 2020, 05:55:54 AM
In Canada, mobile plans are really expensive.

I pay 45$ for 1GB/month. I could pay 50 for ~8GB but that's the thing here, smaller plans are not much cheaper.

Canada/North America to be sure.

As I said, my plan (through EE) is £15/month here...5GB data, and limits on text/minutes (but I almost never use those).  It is also a sort of pay-as-you-go account, but I still pay it on subscription.

For comparison, I still maintain a mobile plan in the US (T-Mobile) to maintain my US phone number (and have a lot of ancillary value through using Google Voice/Hangouts to maintain free VOIP contact with friends/family back home).  That basic plan costs me $55/month.

The Brain

Quote from: Tamas on June 01, 2020, 06:14:08 AM
Ah data roaming. One of the many blasts from the past that will be returning to my EU trips thanks to Brexit.

Control is priceless.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

garbon

Apparently Three have said they'll be keep agreements in place to avoid roaming, which makes sense given they offer no roaming in a lot of countries.

http://www.three.co.uk/Support/Roaming_and_international/Roaming_Abroad/Destinations
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Sheilbh

Quote from: garbon on June 01, 2020, 07:22:04 AM

Apparently Three have said they'll be keep agreements in place to avoid roaming, which makes sense given they offer no roaming in a lot of countries.

http://www.three.co.uk/Support/Roaming_and_international/Roaming_Abroad/Destinations
All of the big operators have said that they have no plans to introduce roaming. I think it's a bit like ATM charges, the first mover may lose customers. So unless they all go as one and re-introduce roaming then none of them will.
Let's bomb Russia!

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

Yes, that's a normal marital act. Not 30s of drunk humping and then falling asleep on the wife.

Josquius

Does anyone else have a problem with mouse scroll wheels breaking? I'm sure its happened a few times to me now. :frusty:
██████
██████
██████

The Brain

Quote from: Tyr on June 02, 2020, 09:06:02 AM
Does anyone else have a problem with mouse scroll wheels breaking? I'm sure its happened a few times to me now. :frusty:

Has happened to me once.