News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Yeah I am confused as well. Those don't look like Pittsburgh Pirates hats at all.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Valmy on December 03, 2019, 03:39:18 PM
I do enjoy a good 0-0 match

Never thought you were such a fan of the (French) ™ Ligue des Talents™ Conforama. :frog:

PS : I almost wrote Ligue des Tas lents.  :P

Grey Fox

I played a a season has Lile in FIFA 18. Made me laugh everytime the commentators said Conforama.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Grey Fox

Yes. It's the League Sponsor.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Duque de Bragança

Next year, it will be worse. It's supposed to be Ligue 1 Uber Eats.  :lol:
Ligue 2 is Domino's Pizza, for those who care.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

celedhring

So, it looks like France and Spain will soon sign a dual nationality agreement. And in a completely unrelated development Manuel Valls has registered his party to take part in the regional and general elections (he could run for the Barcelona city council as a French national, but not for higher office)  :lol:

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Syt on December 07, 2019, 04:29:23 AM

Seems accurate. Only recently did I discover the some parts in Northern France, mispronounced ô as o (o and ɔ), closed and open if you prefer.
Can't help but laugh when I hear people pronouncing cône as conne.  :D

PS : curious about Corsica, generally their French pronunciation is of a southern type.

mongers

A thing of beauty:

The Napier Deltic engine.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Josquius

We've turned French. :shock:
██████
██████
██████

celedhring

Just saw a survey that shows that roughly 60% of marriages in Spain end up in divorce. Average length of a marriage that ends up in divorce is 17 years.

How does that compare to your countries?