And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

celedhring

Isn't Thanksgiving next week?  :hmm:

Valmy

Yeah Black Friday is next week...unless this is some kind of British Black Friday.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

Amazon is running a black friday sale in the UK from today through next Friday. :hmm:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

celedhring

Disney's Thanksgiving Special

Josquius

No more than a human eating a cow.
██████
██████
██████

grumbler

Quote from: DGuller on November 21, 2019, 07:21:11 PM
Quote from: Eddie Teach on November 21, 2019, 06:15:37 PM
I've read New Jersey has the densest population in the US. Guller, is that your experience?
It used to be that way before I moved there.
:lol:  Nice one.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Sheilbh

Just walked past the the local (mainly Nigerian) pentecostal church and there are hundreds of Chinese people going to some sort of event. Never seen it so busy. They've needed to hire security the queues to get in are so big :huh:
Let's bomb Russia!

Syt

1st Century version of "Why do you never call", by Pliny:

https://sententiaeantiquae.com/2019/11/21/pliny-with-an-epistolary-guilt-trip/

QuotePliny, Letters 3.17

"Is the reason your letters have not come for so long because everything is going well? Or, is everything good but you are really busy? Or are you not that busy but just have barely any time for writing?

Please take this worry away from me, I can't handle it! Do it even if you have to send a courier. I will pay the cost and top him too as long as he tells me what I want.

I am well, if to be well is to live in suspense and worry, expecting all day long and fearing that anything which can hurt a person as happened to my dearest friend."

Plinius Iulio Serviano Suo S.

Rectene omnia, quod iam pridem epistulae tuae cessant? an omnia recte, sed occupatus es tu? an tu non occupatus, sed occasio scribendi vel rara vel nulla? Exime hunc mihi scrupulum, cui par esse non possum, exime autem vel data opera tabellario misso. Ego viaticum, ego etiam praemium dabo, nuntiet modo quod opto. Ipse valeo, si valere est suspensum et anxium vivere, exspectantem in horas timentemque pro capite amicissimo, quidquid accidere homini potest. Vale.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

The Brain

QuoteI will pay the cost and top him too

TMI
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Admiral Yi

The judgement on beef wellington is a little harsh.

Valmy

Not exactly a ringing endorsement of Scottish culinary culture.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Syt

So much hate for Chicken Tikka Masala. :(
—Stephen Jay Gould