News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Larch

Quote from: Syt on November 05, 2019, 09:42:47 AMHe doesn't really. It's more about Austrian kitsch.

The deers remind me a bit of Laibach, who also used them in some of their videos with a really nazi vibe. Maybe the term that can be employed is Alpine kitsch?  :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LB9lObWclFQ

The Brain

Gay Nazis learned nothing it seems.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Valmy

These guys give alpine kitsch a bad name. Next time people are drinking beer out of an antique stein with some deer while wearing lederhosen sitting in an alpine landscape they might feel weird.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Syt

Quote from: The Larch on November 05, 2019, 11:17:29 AM
Quote from: Syt on November 05, 2019, 09:42:47 AMHe doesn't really. It's more about Austrian kitsch.

The deers remind me a bit of Laibach, who also used them in some of their videos with a really nazi vibe. Maybe the term that can be employed is Alpine kitsch?  :P

Major difference: Laibach use it ironically. ;)
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

The Larch

Quote from: Syt on November 05, 2019, 11:53:33 AM
Quote from: The Larch on November 05, 2019, 11:17:29 AM

Major difference: Laibach use it ironically. ;)

Is there anything that Laibach does that is not ironic?  :P

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: Valmy on November 05, 2019, 11:31:00 AM
These guys give alpine kitsch a bad name. Next time people are drinking beer out of an antique stein with some deer while wearing lederhosen sitting in an alpine landscape they might feel weird.

So, the next time I go to Fredericksburg? :P

Valmy

Quote from: Baron von Schtinkenbutt on November 05, 2019, 01:37:03 PM
Quote from: Valmy on November 05, 2019, 11:31:00 AM

So, the next time I go to Fredericksburg? :P

Pretty much :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

mongers

Probably just me, but I found this a particularly nicely designed graphic for a wiki map/graphic:

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Syt

The mascot for the Public Prosecutor's Office in Hakodate, Japan.

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.