Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

They are safe and beautifully designed :ultra:
Let's bomb Russia!

Grey Fox

British plug are a evidence of what happens when you let engineers engineering without constraint.

A disaster.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

crazy canuck

My son was explaining that to me the other day- they use it as a case study in their design class.

Syt

I see that rewiring plugs in the UK is a generational thing. And that younger generations are apparently oblivious to this ancient tradition. :hmm:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Richard Hakluyt

On Christmas mornings we would cannibalise uncool old gadgets for their plugs in order to get our cool new gadgets up and running  :bowler:

Josquius

I can rewire plugs. Have changed many between UK and Swiss plugs.
Though I can see how someone could get away with never having to do this quite easily.
██████
██████
██████

Razgovory

Man, I need to get new cat.  I keep thinking I see my old cats our of the corner of my eye.

Unrelated, I think I might make a Languish AAR for Rimworld.

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Syt

Ad for a festival dedicated to Andreas Gabalier, Austrian schlager-rocker who has, uhm, very conservative views and is occasionally sometimes regularly accused of being on the extreme right.

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Valmy

Why does he have deer onstage with him?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Syt

He doesn't really. It's more about Austrian kitsch.

This is what he looks like on stage:

His fandom and FPÖ voters have a major overlap.
—Stephen Jay Gould

HVC

bambi twins kind of soften the look a bit
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Malthus

Quote from: HVC on November 05, 2019, 10:02:00 AM
bambi twins kind of soften the look a bit

Yeah with deer and flowers he kinda looks less like a Nazi wannabe and more like a very tall dwarf from Snow White or something.  :lol:

Though the art style is very 'Nazi Realist'.   :hmm: You kinda expect him to be swinging a pickaxe to build the Fatherland (or into the skull of an  untermensch).
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Valmy

Quote from: Syt on November 05, 2019, 09:42:47 AM

I can hear him now:

"Doe, a deer, a female deer
Ray, a drop of golden sun
Me, a name I call myself
Far, a long, long way to run
Sew, a needle pulling thread
La, a note to follow Sew
Tea, a drink with jam and bread
That will bring us back to Do (oh-oh-oh)"
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Syt

More like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmVr1EKXi3I

Or this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgR7LnGYXf0

(But I see what you did there :P )
—Stephen Jay Gould

The Larch

QuoteThe French family name Gabalier comes from a soldier who came to Austria in 1796 in the course of the Italian campaign by Napoleon Bonaparte and remained there.

An inmigrant, I see...  :shifty: