News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Economist says homelessness is surging in richer, bigger cities, but decreasing overall in the US.

PDH

If the addicted and homeless can make it to the West Coast at least they won't freeze as quickly in the winter.  With over 50% being addicted to drugs or alcohol, and another crossover population mentally ill, sometimes not dying that night is a great incentive.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Josquius

I'm still sort of looking for a flat to buy. And a really weird phenomena is becoming clear whereby the best located places with metro stations tend to be the rouguest with the nice areas being really far out so if I lived there I'd have to drive like a poor person.

The flight from the cities growth of suburbs, etc... Is of course a well known phenomena, but that's not what is happening here. Both types of place are suburbs of similar ages.
██████
██████
██████

Syt

So this is a video that the head of the Austrian right-wing FPÖ and former presidential candidate (who came very close second) posted. It's been confirmed as genuine.
https://www.tiktok.com/@norberthofer1/video/6752003189098155270?refer=embed

I've got nothing. :mellow:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Larch

Trying to reach young voters?  :P

Duque de Bragança

Syt prefers Strache's hip hop propaganda.  :P

Valmy

Congrats to all you Nats fans out there.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

FunkMonk

Our team won the World Series after not having won a single home game in the series and that is pretty amazing.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

FunkMonk

Quote from: Valmy on October 30, 2019, 10:55:58 PM
Congrats to all you Nats fans out there.

People setting of fireworks here.  :)
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Admiral Yi

:cheers:

Houston starter was quite the grunter.

Josquius

I've recieved some interesting spam today.
A qualification from the NSW government.
Checking the security details it seems real :hmm: :australia:
██████
██████
██████

Valmy

Happy Halloween to a forum that is ever-dying!
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

mongers

Quote from: Valmy on October 31, 2019, 07:30:58 AM
Happy Halloween to a forum that is ever-dying!

[Zombie Languish]

Meh, Halloween is over-rated.

[/Zombie Languish]

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Hamilcar

I hate Halloween and it annoys me when Europeans celebrate this American import.

Valmy

Quote from: Hamilcar on October 31, 2019, 10:57:36 AM
I hate Halloween and it annoys me when Europeans celebrate this American import.

It is an awesome holiday and you people should be grateful we invented it.

Ok actually it is because of the Irish and the Scots-Irish. It was their unholy hand that bestowed the bewitching holiday upon us. So blame/give credit to the Irish.