Author Topic: The Off Topic Topic  (Read 3183262 times)

garbon

• Neil
  • let's play bullets and bracelets
Re: The Off Topic Topic
« Reply #71910 on: October 09, 2019, 05:41:47 pm »
I don't blame the family at all. I do look down on the BBC for giving them such a long 'news' segment.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Liep

• Incan Torpedo Boat Commander
  • Russia is fake news
« Reply #71911 on: October 10, 2019, 02:29:03 am »
More border control! This time it's criminals from Malmø we want to stop as their gangs have started interfering in the Copenhagen gang war. We hope to build on the succesful border control on the German border that has had zero effect. We're almost back to the good old days of pre-Schengen.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Syt

• Blessed by Valmy
« Reply #71912 on: October 10, 2019, 03:24:05 am »
Øresundstolden coming when? :P
“There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

There is another theory which states that this has already happened.”

― Douglas Adams, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Saladin

• Mouth Sugar
« Reply #71913 on: October 10, 2019, 03:55:28 am »
More border control! This time it's criminals from Malmø we want to stop as their gangs have started interfering in the Copenhagen gang war. We hope to build on the succesful border control on the German border that has had zero effect. We're almost back to the good old days of pre-Schengen.

Yeah, so fucking stupid.
“You’d be better served taxing your conscience for those who deserve your regret.”

Tamas

• Blessed by Valmy
  • we are not in Kansas anymore
« Reply #71914 on: October 10, 2019, 04:17:14 am »
I hear there was almost literally the exact opposite case some years ago with a British diplomat killing someone in the US and diplomatic immunity being waived in that case?
My Google is failing me though. Anyone heard anything of this being an actual thing that happened?

Well, who is the vassal state of whom, exactly?!

Razgovory

• Blessed by Valmy
  • Neil
  • Madman of Languish
« Reply #71915 on: October 10, 2019, 05:56:03 am »
We have all killed somebody with our cars and drove away and fled the country? Huh.

I didn't even know he could drive.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

"I love how Raz just becomes the caricature for exactly what he is claiming doesn't actually exist...and he doesn't even know it! He is 100% oblivious to the irony of his own statements." - Berkut telling a lie.

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Duque de Bragança

• Can I Be: Ottoman Empire
« Reply #71916 on: October 10, 2019, 06:16:27 am »

So the Danevirke failed again?  :P

The Brain

• Blessed by Valmy
  • All man
« Reply #71917 on: October 10, 2019, 12:23:26 pm »
I'm sorry Malthus. Better luck next year! :)
You are gay.

The Brain

• Blessed by Valmy
  • All man
« Reply #71918 on: October 11, 2019, 08:26:46 am »

We're called Swedes.
You are gay.

Eddie Teach

• Neil
« Reply #71919 on: October 11, 2019, 09:36:27 am »
Not Swiss?  :huh:
You know I'm going to lose and gambling's for fools
But that's the way I like it, baby, I don't want to live forever.

Hong Kong Add Oil :showoff:

The Brain

• Blessed by Valmy
  • All man
« Reply #71920 on: October 11, 2019, 09:39:45 am »
You are gay.

Syt

• Blessed by Valmy
« Reply #71921 on: October 11, 2019, 10:58:55 am »
“There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

There is another theory which states that this has already happened.”

― Douglas Adams, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Sheilbh

• Blessed by Valmy
« Reply #71922 on: October 11, 2019, 03:50:47 pm »
After the management of Thomas Cook screwed it over while lining their pockets, rather pleasant that the legacy business has been bought by capitalists of an altogether different kind:
https://www.theguardian.com/business/2019/oct/11/were-no-country-bumpkins-meet-the-thomas-cook-buyers
Let's bomb Russia!

Tyr

• Blessed by Valmy
  • In the end we will win
« Reply #71923 on: October 11, 2019, 05:10:38 pm »
Hays sign their own death warrant?
██████
██████
██████

Admiral Yi

• Neil