Author Topic: The Off Topic Topic  (Read 3367622 times)

Razgovory

• Blessed by Valmy
  • Neil
  • Madman of Languish
Re: The Off Topic Topic
« Reply #71910 on: October 10, 2019, 05:56:03 am »
We have all killed somebody with our cars and drove away and fled the country? Huh.

I didn't even know he could drive.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

"I love how Raz just becomes the caricature for exactly what he is claiming doesn't actually exist...and he doesn't even know it! He is 100% oblivious to the irony of his own statements." - Berkut telling a lie.

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Duque de Bragança

• Can I Be: Ottoman Empire
« Reply #71911 on: October 10, 2019, 06:16:27 am »
More border control! This time it's criminals from Malmø we want to stop as their gangs have started interfering in the Copenhagen gang war. We hope to build on the succesful border control on the German border that has had zero effect. We're almost back to the good old days of pre-Schengen.

So the Danevirke failed again?  :P

The Brain

• Blessed by Valmy
  • All man
« Reply #71912 on: October 10, 2019, 12:23:26 pm »
I'm sorry Malthus. Better luck next year! :)
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

The Brain

• Blessed by Valmy
  • All man
« Reply #71913 on: October 11, 2019, 08:26:46 am »
More border control! This time it's criminals from Malmø we want to stop as their gangs have started interfering in the Copenhagen gang war. We hope to build on the succesful border control on the German border that has had zero effect. We're almost back to the good old days of pre-Schengen.

We're called Swedes.

Eddie Teach

• Neil
« Reply #71914 on: October 11, 2019, 09:36:27 am »
Not Swiss?  :huh:
You know I'm going to lose and gambling's for fools
But that's the way I like it, baby, I don't want to live forever.

Hong Kong Add Oil :showoff:

The Brain

• Blessed by Valmy
  • All man
« Reply #71915 on: October 11, 2019, 09:39:45 am »

Syt

• Neil
« Reply #71916 on: October 11, 2019, 10:58:55 am »
There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.

Sheilbh

• Blessed by Valmy
« Reply #71917 on: October 11, 2019, 03:50:47 pm »
After the management of Thomas Cook screwed it over while lining their pockets, rather pleasant that the legacy business has been bought by capitalists of an altogether different kind:
https://www.theguardian.com/business/2019/oct/11/were-no-country-bumpkins-meet-the-thomas-cook-buyers
Let's bomb Russia!

Tyr

• Blessed by Valmy
  • In the end we will win
« Reply #71918 on: October 11, 2019, 05:10:38 pm »
Hays sign their own death warrant?
██████
██████
██████

Admiral Yi

• Neil
« Reply #71919 on: October 11, 2019, 07:24:28 pm »
Shep Smith quits Fox.
I'm up $25 on DGuller.

Yi/Before; 50 even; Trump orders at least one disobeys  vs all obey; till 0 deaths; Beeb arbitrates.

FunkMonk

• Can I Be: Ottoman Empire
  • Donald the Carpathian
« Reply #71920 on: October 11, 2019, 07:30:13 pm »
"Funk is wronger by a couple orders of magnitude"

"Statistics are like mini-skirts. They give you good ideas, but hide the most important things."

We all know Funk is part of the Shallow State.

Razgovory

• Blessed by Valmy
  • Neil
  • Madman of Languish
« Reply #71921 on: October 11, 2019, 07:55:12 pm »
I had to put down my last cat.  She had developed cancer of the mouth last July.  The cancer got pretty bad, bad enough that had a lot of difficulty eating and could no longer clean herself.  The vet said he had never seen a cancer that bad in a cat.  He had difficulty finding her tongue.  I am now catless. :(
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

"I love how Raz just becomes the caricature for exactly what he is claiming doesn't actually exist...and he doesn't even know it! He is 100% oblivious to the irony of his own statements." - Berkut telling a lie.

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Zoupa

• Naked Mole Rat
  • Debout, les damnés de la Terre...
« Reply #71922 on: October 11, 2019, 08:45:44 pm »
That's the trouble with pets. We always outlive them. Hang in there buddy.

Not to sound callous, but you should get another cat. That's the only thing that got me out of my funk when I had to put mine down.

Barrister

• Neil
« Reply #71923 on: October 12, 2019, 01:22:13 am »
I dunno. I think you need to give yourself a chance to grieve.

Our dog was put down in the spring, we got a new puppy a couple of weeks ago.  I love the pup, but sometimes I still think it's too soon.

The Brain

• Blessed by Valmy
  • All man
« Reply #71924 on: October 12, 2019, 02:19:20 am »
I'm sorry. :(