News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard Hakluyt

Looking at his posting record he is not a daily poster, some gaps there, though not as long as this latest one; hope he is alright.

Saladin

"You'd be better served taxing your conscience for those who deserve your regret."

Josquius

Quote from: Syt on October 06, 2019, 02:48:03 AM
Young Bela Lugosi, ready to open for The Cure and Depeche Mode.

Wow, that does look very 70s/80s indeed.
██████
██████
██████

Sheilbh

Thrilled to discover that today the British online commentariat are talking about a publicly owned chain of state-run restaurants :mellow:
Let's bomb Russia!

Admiral Yi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kdkd-Z3Zrp8

US diplomat's wife kills British kid in hit and run (she was driving on the wrong side of the road), flees country, State Department not waiving immunity.

Sheilbh

That story's starting to pick up quite a lot of heat here.
Let's bomb Russia!

Josquius

Is if just because I'm old now or has the world really lost all hope this past decade?
██████
██████
██████

PDH

I think you mean "the illusion of hope"
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Eddie Teach

I think you just grew up in a time that was abnormally optimistic.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

I learned a new word today.  "questmonger".  It's not Mongers going to find the Holy Grail, but rather a litigious individual.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Josquius

Has anyone else noticed, one of the Nobel prize winners this year.... his name is "Goodenough".
What a name.
██████
██████
██████

mongers

Quote from: Razgovory on October 08, 2019, 10:48:30 AM
I learned a new word today.  "questmonger".  It's not Mongers going to find the Holy Grail, but rather a litigious individual.

:hmm:

Raz, have you considered I could be both of those.  :)
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

crazy canuck

Quote from: Tyr on October 09, 2019, 10:03:47 AM
Has anyone else noticed, one of the Nobel prize winners this year.... his name is "Goodenough".
What a name.

Turns out he was

Eddie Teach

Quote from: mongers on October 09, 2019, 10:21:48 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on October 08, 2019, 10:48:30 AM

:hmm:

Raz, have you considered I could be both of those.  :)

Only the pure of heart can win the grail.  :secret:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

grumbler

I get gwenders when I hear words like questmonger still being used.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!