Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malthus

Quote from: Barrister on October 03, 2019, 02:38:12 PM
Quote from: Malthus on October 03, 2019, 02:25:02 PM
Quote from: The Brain on October 03, 2019, 01:37:40 PM
It certainly couldn't stop Roy Cohn's gay sex.

Who?

Are you just riffing on the "Who is Roy Cohn?" headline, or do you not know who he is.  Because we've had a veritable Roy Cohn moment the last few years due to his later-years connection to Trump...

The former.  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

merithyn

Quote from: Razgovory on October 03, 2019, 06:41:19 AM
I've lost 35 pounds this year.  Mostly due to depression.

:hug:

I'm glad you're losing weight, but I'm sorry for the why. :(
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Tamas

Here's a nice quiz: Is it Chernobyl, or a currently operating Hungarian hospital?

https://index.hu/belfold/2019/06/22/csernobil_vagy_magyar_korhaz_egeszsegugy_kviz/

Click on "indulhat a kviz"

Then under each set of pics you'll have the choice between "csernobil" and "magyar korhaz" which should be self-explanatory.

Josquius

6/10.

So. Do not get sick in Hungary.
██████
██████
██████

Tamas

Indeed. If you are there visiting and you have some non-emergency medical issue, I highly recommend finding a private clinic. Should not be an issue in Budapest.

dps

8/10.  Pretty terrifying, actually.  At least if you live in Hungary or plan on visiting

DGuller

Csernobil had window AC units and blinds?  Sounds like bullshit.  I got 8/10, mainly judging by Ukrainian-ness of the interior and windows.

The Brain

8/10. Chernobyl the city currently has a population in the thousands, so I guess it's their AC.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Tonitrus

Another American accepting foreign honors in contravention of the US Constitution.  :mad:

https://www.itv.com/news/2019-10-04/dog-who-stopped-white-house-intruder-given-animal-obe/

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

Is that the sign for the Holy Ordos?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Syt

Young Bela Lugosi, ready to open for The Cure and Depeche Mode.

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Sheilbh

Interesting piece:
https://www.newsletter.co.uk/news/politics/mi5-protected-martin-mcguinness-for-years-says-thatcher-s-spy-within-sinn-fein-1-9096070
There's always been allegations in Republican circles that Martin McGuinness was a British informer and it is starting to seem like they were right :mellow: :hmm:
Let's bomb Russia!

mongers

Anyone heard from KRonn recently?

I PM'd him a couple of weeks back, but haven't had a reply, now looking at the forum stats he hasn't been active since late August.  :(
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"