News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Oh I should add, 22nd September so a Happy Birthday to Bilbo and Frodo Baggins.   :)
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Valmy

Quote from: mongers on September 21, 2019, 07:28:59 PM
Oh I should add, 22nd September so a Happy Birthday to Bilbo and Frodo Baggins.   :)

:cheers:

Also it is my father's birthday on the 23rd. Happy 74th Birthday Dad!
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

PDH

Quote from: Valmy on September 21, 2019, 11:11:53 PM
Also it is my father's birthday on the 23rd. Happy 74th Birthday Dad!

Hey, give him a happy birthday from me...he should remember my WYO shirt
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Admiral Yi

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

celedhring

The Spanish Supreme Court has given the green light to moving Franco's remains from his self-built mausoleum to a private graveyard, denying Franco family's appeal.

About time.

The Larch

Quote from: celedhring on September 24, 2019, 05:27:50 AM
The Spanish Supreme Court has given the green light to moving Franco's remains from his self-built mausoleum to a private graveyard, denying Franco family's appeal.

About time.

And an unanymous decision as well, which should make it bulletproof as a political argument, I hope.

mongers

About time.

Excellent.

Is there a decent amount of time they need to wait before taking jack-hammers to it and bulldozing the rubble?

The Larch

Quote from: mongers on September 24, 2019, 05:42:47 AM

About time.

Excellent.

Is there a decent amount of time they need to wait before taking jack-hammers to it and bulldozing the rubble?

AFAIK the family still intends to take the case to the Constitutional Court, so jackhammers will have to wait for a bit.

The government has just said that they intend to act as quickly as possible, so that it does not affect the future electoral campaign, slated for november. As a side objective it prevents the typical glorification event that nostalgics stage at the site every 20th of November, the date of Franco's death.

Also as clarification, the case is only about taking Franco's remains away to a different cemetery, not about tearing down the "Valley of the Fallen", which is actually a protected heritage site..

Razgovory

If Franco's remains are moved can members of the public piss on them at the new location?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

The Larch

Quote from: Razgovory on September 24, 2019, 07:45:17 AM
If Franco's remains are moved can members of the public piss on them at the new location?

The new location is a regular cemetery where other bigwigs from his regime, as well as his wife and other family members, are buried. apparently the family owns a crypt there so I doubt it'll be open to the public.

Razgovory

Well, you can always sneak in there. 
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Iormlund

Bah. I very much prefer to see him reburied in the Sagrada Familia. It would be a riot. Probably literally.

derspiess

So he is currently still dead, correct?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

mongers

Quote from: derspiess on September 24, 2019, 03:06:23 PM
So he is currently still dead, correct?

The symptoms suggest so.