News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Quote from: Tonitrus on August 17, 2019, 03:30:52 AM
Think of how many people must get splattered by that just innocently walking down the street.

They'll just think it's some other substance.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Eddie Teach

Don't even begin to get that one.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

I follow the BBC's On This Day Twitter account that posts clips from past decades' programming.

This clip from 1972 makes me think Monty Python was more of a documentary than a comedy/satire ...  :hmm:

QuoteChristchurch in Dorset had the "dishiest bobbies in the land", according to veteran copper-watchers Mrs Holcock and Mrs Prescott.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1162672920105107456
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Tamas

Quote from: Syt on August 18, 2019, 01:27:09 AM
I follow the BBC's On This Day Twitter account that posts clips from past decades' programming.

This clip from 1972 makes me think Monty Python was more of a documentary than a comedy/satire ...  :hmm:

QuoteChristchurch in Dorset had the "dishiest bobbies in the land", according to veteran copper-watchers Mrs Holcock and Mrs Prescott.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1162672920105107456

Nice find.  :lol: If you linked this here saying its a Monty Python sketch I would have believed you.  :D

Eddie Teach

Maladict

The largest bicycle parking space in the world opened in my town today  :cool:
Predictably it is: too small  <_<

Saladin

So when did Europa Universalis 4 turn inte Micromanagement Universalis?
"You'd be better served taxing your conscience for those who deserve your regret."

Eddie Teach

I'd guess somewhere around expansion 12.

Saladin

I tried to play it this weekend, totally unplayable.
"You'd be better served taxing your conscience for those who deserve your regret."

DGuller

Unfortunately, the DLC economic model promotes discombobulated game design.  EU4 lost me several years ago, as it got just way too complicated.

The Brain

Quote from: DGuller on August 20, 2019, 12:02:33 PM
Unfortunately, the DLC economic model promotes discombobulated game design.  EU4 lost me several years ago, as it got just way too complicated.

OK Avril.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

crazy canuck

Quote from: The Brain on August 20, 2019, 01:34:53 PM
Quote from: DGuller on August 20, 2019, 12:02:33 PM

OK Avril.

I'm with you

Eddie Teach

Not sure if CC missed the reference or if I missed his.  :hmm: