News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

The Larch

The most hardcore right wing person I ever knew was a classmate who was a die hard Barcelona supporter, but also had the Spanish anthem as his cellphone ringtone.  :lol:

Maladict

So, the new fascist party immediately becomes the largest party in the senate.
I can't point at and make fun of the US/UK shenanigans anymore.  :(

Josquius

I made an offer on a flat last night, right around the corner from where they're setting up a new yeshiva. Hope those kids aren't rowdy  :Joos

Not that I think ill get it. Low balling as its not worth the asking price.
██████
██████
██████

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Threviel

Quote from: Maladict on March 22, 2019, 04:51:25 AM
So, the new fascist party immediately becomes the largest party in the senate.
I can't point at and make fun of the US/UK shenanigans anymore.  :(

The senate is quite unimportant sin't it?

The Brain

Not if Maximus can thwart Commodus.

celedhring

Disband it, so the last remnants of the old Dutch Republic are swept away.

Maladict

Quote from: Threviel on March 22, 2019, 05:10:40 AM

The senate is quite unimportant sin't it?

Only if you consider things like vetoing all climate proposals unimportant.

Fortunately, in these fractured times being the largest party means only about 15% of seats.
But still, with the upcoming European elections, this is a party openly calling for 'Nexit' :bleeding:

Duque de Bragança

Nedxit? Batavexit?  :hmm:

I must say I prefer the latter term.

mongers

Trains companies in the UK are set to introduce significantly different time tables in mid May, building on the 'foundation' of the Northern rail chaos last year.   Details here:
http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/service_disruptions/48.aspx#SW1

By far the most ambitious (delusional) changes are promised by our local rail company South Western Trains. I would be astonished if they could run a quarter of these extra services without really screwing up:

South Western Railway

During the morning peak times, there will be 2 additional Reading to London Waterloo services. Also an additional Ascot to Reading, Windsor & Eton Riverside to London Waterloo, and Hounslow to London Waterloo service.

During the evening peak times, there will be 2 additional London Waterloo to Farnham (via Ascot) services, one additional London Waterloo to Windsor & Eton Riverside service, and 2 additional Reading to Ascot services.

There will also be:

2 additional fast Portsmouth to London Waterloo services in the morning peak,  and an additional evening peak service to Guildford /Haslemere.
    A new half-hourly service between Farnham and Guildford.
    Extra later evening services from London Waterloo to Salisbury, and London Waterloo to Portsmouth.
    On Sundays, there will be a new Salisbury to Reading (via Basingstoke) service.
    On the south coast, there will be some additional services between Weymouth/Poole/Southampton and London Waterloo during peak times.
    Extra weekday and weekend services from Yeovil to London Waterloo calling at Castle Cary, Bruton and Frome.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Josquius

What are they cutting in return?
██████
██████
██████

Syt

World Happiness Index 2019:

https://edition.cnn.com/travel/article/worlds-happiest-countries-united-nations-2019/index.html

1. Finland
2. Denmark
3. Norway
4. Iceland
5. Netherlands
6. Switzerland
7. Sweden
8. New Zealand
9. Canada
10. Austria
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

Sweden is a Bergman movie.