News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Although the tag says Budapest this particular stork was tagged in my home town:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/mstarfc/permalink/2524673910944856/

The stork nest is in practically next to my parents' home.

The Brain

I saw Ghost again yesterday. All the videos on YouTube so far were shot with or by potatoes. WTF
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

derspiess

Went to wedding yesterday-- Peruvian gal and a Kentucky boy. The Latina-Redneck thing is almost a trope in my wife's circle of friends. Anyway, more interesting was that the Catholic priest was married, and he went out of his way to mention his married life throughout the wedding. My guess he was a formal Episcopal priest that went Catholic.

Also I sat next to a recent Miss Peru at the reception.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

mongers

Quote from: derspiess on February 24, 2019, 01:33:10 PM
Went to wedding yesterday-- Peruvian gal and a Kentucky boy. The Latina-Redneck thing is almost a trope in my wife's circle of friends. Anyway, more interesting was that the Catholic priest was married, and he went out of his way to mention his married life throughout the wedding. My guess he was a formal Episcopal priest that went Catholic.

:cool:

Nice.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Tamas

On hassle the wall could have spared you? :P

KRonn

Fun times.  :)

Caliga

Anyway, more interesting was that the Catholic priest was married, and he went out of his way to mention his married life throughout the wedding. My guess he was a formal Episcopal priest that went Catholic.
I think if you're already married when you decide to seek ordination, you're allowed to stay married. :hmm:

edit: checked and I appear to be wrong, so yeah he must have switched denominations. :blush:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

mongers

Anyone watching the oscars?

Barrister

Quote from: Caliga on February 24, 2019, 05:30:08 PM
Anyway, more interesting was that the Catholic priest was married, and he went out of his way to mention his married life throughout the wedding. My guess he was a formal Episcopal priest that went Catholic.
I think if you're already married when you decide to seek ordination, you're allowed to stay married. :hmm:

edit: checked and I appear to be wrong, so yeah he must have switched denominations. :blush:

Unless if the priest is a Ukrainian Greek Catholic priest - they allow married priests.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Admiral Yi

You need to stop making up new religions Beeb.

Barrister

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 24, 2019, 10:02:06 PM
You need to stop making up new religions Beeb.

:o

I think there was even a EU2 event about the Ukrainian Catholic union.  It goes back to the treaty of Brest in 1596.  It's a weird fusion of orthodoxy, Catholicism, and Ukrainian.  It's the dominant religion in western Ukraine (L'viv), and of course because of the diaspora there are many Ukrainian Catholic churches in the West.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Admiral Yi

And this is different from Uniate?

mongers

Oscars - Best actor and best actress awards both go to films set in London a long time ago and a very long time ago respectively. 

So a bit like many brexitiers fondness for bygone English eras, of the rose tinted variety.

Oexmelin

The glorious time of AIDS and unstable monarchs.

Aka, the glorious times of Queens.
Que le grand cric me croque !

FunkMonk

Just like to note that Mexican directors have won Best Director for 5 of the last 6 years.

Cuarón, Iñárritu, and del Toro.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.