News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dps

Perculator for me.  Don't much like drip coffeemakers.

Syt

I usually do drip coffee, and for cold brew in summer I have an infusor.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Threviel

Drip coffee is the thing, especially with a good Moccamaster brewer. Apparently there's a whole science to temperature and flow and Moccamaster does it perfect for my taste.

For espresso i had (have, but now it's in the garage for garage-coffee) a Nespresso machine. Sure, it's not as good as a perfect espresso, but I can't make that anyway.

celedhring

My brother bought me a Nespresso machine for my birthday, and I admit I use it more than it should. I still prefer stovetop espresso (maybe because I'm so used to it, but it seems to have more body to me), but the thing is so damn convenient.  Push button, get coffee.

Syt

Had this ad pop up for me on a website. :D

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Threviel

Quote from: celedhring on January 15, 2019, 04:03:42 AM
My brother bought me a Nespresso machine for my birthday, and I admit I use it more than it should. I still prefer stovetop espresso (maybe because I'm so used to it, but it seems to have more body to me), but the thing is so damn convenient.  Push button, get coffee.

Yeah, I have an old one with a proper steam-thing (nowadays they have a hose in a glass of milk thing) so I can make Cappuccinos. I'm too lazy to do it often, but when I do it they are amongst the best I've tasted.

celedhring

Quote from: Syt on January 15, 2019, 04:09:39 AM
Had this ad pop up for me on a website. :D

Yeah, it's a VR game they made to promote tourism. It's tacky beyond belief, but the renders of the places are nice.

dps

Quote from: Threviel on January 15, 2019, 04:12:16 AM
Quote from: celedhring on January 15, 2019, 04:03:42 AM

Yeah, I have an old one with a proper steam-thing (nowadays they have a hose in a glass of milk thing) so I can make Cappuccinos. I'm too lazy to do it often, but when I do it they are amongst the best I've tasted.

Wish my mom still had her cappucino machine.  :(

Tamas

At home I am using a Delonghi espresso machine, one that works with ground coffee. Awesome espressos and its a compact little machine, too.

At work I was mostly putting up with the cheap instant sawdust labelled coffee that we had on stock, but switched to a pretty nice cafeterie(sp?) MUG. Very convenient. But I think I had been overdosing on caffeine in general lately, so I have switched to a routine of espresso in the morning at home, and tea at work. Except I bring my own tea filters because the English use milk and thus don't need the actual tea to have any semblence of taste.

Threviel

Quote from: Tamas on January 15, 2019, 05:03:47 AM
At home I am using a Delonghi espresso machine, one that works with ground coffee. Awesome espressos and its a compact little machine, too.

At work I was mostly putting up with the cheap instant sawdust labelled coffee that we had on stock, but switched to a pretty nice cafeterie(sp?) MUG. Very convenient. But I think I had been overdosing on caffeine in general lately, so I have switched to a routine of espresso in the morning at home, and tea at work. Except I bring my own tea filters because the English use milk and thus don't need the actual tea to have any semblence of taste.

I had a Siemens Surpresso machine that used ground beans and that you could do Espresso with. I tried absolutely everything, it never once made good cup of coffee, total shit. It cost something like €1000-1300 also, luckily someone gave it to me.

Edit: I wrote 100-130 first. That would perhaps have been what it was worth.

Tamas

Maladict

I make my morning coffee while still in bed  :blush:

Best idea I ever had.

Syt

In my 20s I had a coffee maker and a bread maker with time clocks. So on weekends I'd wake up to fresh coffee and bread.
—Stephen Jay Gould

celedhring

Friend of mine owns a drip machine that grinds the beans before making the coffee. It's delicious, I just need to find in me the will to spend 200€+ on a coffee machine, instead of my 15€ moka pot  :lol:

Savonarola

I do have a nice Krups espresso machine, complete with the nozzle to make cappuccino; but ever since I've come back from Colombia I've found that I only drink American style coffee.  My cheap-o Mr. Coffee coffee maker works fine for that (though I do grind my own beans.)

When CB and I were in China we stayed at an inn that catered mostly to western tourists.  For breakfast they had a coffee maker and they filled the basket with instant coffee, and would only make half a pot at a time.  This was for about 20 coffee starved tourists.  I learned to make do with tea there.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock