News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dps

Quote from: Valmy on January 06, 2019, 05:19:29 PM
I also like how instead of doing a genetics test to punish the criminal responsible they are instead adopting a policy which treats every single male staff member as a criminal. Brilliant. What a weird medical facility.

It's not actually clear from the article if that's a policy that came from the facility itself, or from the Arizona Department of Health, or from one or more of the un-named law enforcement agencies.

mongers

Was chatting about old school physics lesson, you know the sort teacher chucking in various reactive metals into a dish of water and letting the children observer without safety googles etc

Made me think about our old physics teacher, Beaky Anderson, a WW2 bomber pilot; I wonder where I could find his service record?  :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Syt

Why did Stalin only write in lowercase?
Because he was afraid of capitalism.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

mongers

Quote from: Syt on January 07, 2019, 07:48:49 AM
Why did Stalin only write in lowercase?
Because he was afraid of capitalism.

:D

Ta Da.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Admiral Yi

The man who planned the attack on the USS Cole just got droned in Yemen, 18 years after the attack. 

From NPR.

Josquius

I'm getting old. I think I've became lactose intolerant 😔
██████
██████
██████

Grey Fox

Yeah, that's a sure sign of it.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

11B4V

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 07, 2019, 08:46:21 AM
The man who planned the attack on the USS Cole just got droned in Yemen, 18 years after the attack. 

From NPR.

Good
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

FunkMonk

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 07, 2019, 08:46:21 AM

From NPR.

Hell yeah
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Savonarola

I thought this might appeal to a certain segment of Languish:

FIBER LASERS MEAN RAY GUNS ARE COMING!!!

:o :o :o

There's an embedded video of a the navy's Laser Weapon System in the article.  As the first comment notes the laser gun doesn't actually go "Pew pew" and you can't see the lasers, so it's still a work in process.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

derspiess

Yeah, need to work on the sound. It's a start, though.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Eddie Teach

In space, no one can hear your lasers go pew pew.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josquius

Wtf is with all the shops selling Harry Potter merchandise? There's loads of them.
So many selling wands too. Who the hell buys those?
██████
██████
██████

garbon

Quote from: Tyr on January 09, 2019, 06:43:19 AM
Wtf is with all the shops selling Harry Potter merchandise? There's loads of them.
So many selling wands too. Who the hell buys those?

It is great watching you discover the UK.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.