News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

And the vegan sausage roll has totally sold out. Nobody can find them anywhere.
██████
██████
██████

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Habbaku

I don't understand the vegan hatred. Are people worried that if others don't eat meat, they won't get to eat meat?
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Josquius

Quote from: Habbaku on January 05, 2019, 12:12:32 PM
I don't understand the vegan hatred. Are people worried that if others don't eat meat, they won't get to eat meat?

To be fair a very visible minority of them do tend to be very preachy and real arse holes about it.
██████
██████
██████

alfred russel

Probably not though I suppose a sizable percentage of vegans would be in favor of banning meat consumption.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

celedhring

Piers Morgan is a far bigger asshole than any vegan I met.

Tamas

Quote from: celedhring on January 05, 2019, 12:29:51 PM
Piers Morgan is a far bigger asshole than any vegan I met.

Hey, gay men of his generation were forced by society to stay in the closet. That results in a lot of built up anger and desperate need for attention. Show some sympathy.

Josquius

Just been out posting some Labour leaflets in Wallsend and note Daniel Blake is on BBC2 tonight
Timing.... :hmm:
██████
██████
██████

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

DGuller

The diet Balkanization can make it a real pain in the ass to have social events.

Josquius

Quote from: DGuller on January 06, 2019, 05:16:47 AM
The diet Balkanization can make it a real pain in the ass to have social events.

True.
I know one vegetarian who gets really pissed off at vegans as its often easiest to create a vegan option and force the veggies to make do. :lol:
██████
██████
██████

Josquius

QuoteA woman who's been in a vegetative state for more than a decade gave birth last week, prompting authorities to investigate what looks like a case of sexual assault at an Arizona nursing facility.

According to KPHO-TV, a Phoenix CBS subsidiary, the woman in question became a longtime patient at Hacienda HealthCare after a "near-drowning incident" that occurred about 14 years ago. On December 29, she gave birth to a baby boy who — the outlet's anonymous source believes — seems to be alive and well. Although caretakers reportedly monitored the woman 24/7, they seem not to have noticed anything out of the ordinary before she went into labor: "None of the staff were aware that she was pregnant until she was pretty much giving birth," the source said. "From what I've been told she was moaning. And they didn't know what was wrong with her."

A nurse was apparently on-hand to deliver the baby, but the alleged months-long oversight does suggest negligence. KPHO's source stated that, given the high level of care the patient's condition requires, a lot of people had access to her room. When asked if the patient would have had any "way to defend herself," the source responded: "No. None whatsoever. Not even able to communicate the fact that she was pregnant."

Without spelling out exactly how it came to possess this information, KPHO says it "knows that at some point last spring or summer, someone sexually assaulted a woman who was in a persistent vegetative state, and she became pregnant." Authorities have reportedly remained tight-lipped about the case, but given the circumstances, sex abuse would seem the most logical conclusion.

Adult Protective Services reportedly undertook an immediate well-being check on the facility's other patients. Hacienda HealthCare did not immediately respond to the Cut's request for comment, but in a statement to KPHO, said it could not comment on an ongoing investigation. Still, Hacienda touted its "outstanding reputation providing high-quality specialized care" and emphasized its commitment to cooperating with police. The Arizona Department of Health said it was working with law enforcement agencies, and had launched an "on-site complaint investigation" while ensuring that the facility heightened security. According to KPHO's source, "As of now, if a male staff needs to enter a female room, they need to bring in a female employee with them."

https://www.thecut.com/2019/01/sex-abuse-probe-after-woman-in-vegetative-state-gives-birth.html?utm_source=fb&utm_medium=y1&utm_campaign=slate

Holy Kill Bill that is seriously fucked up.
██████
██████
██████

Valmy

How do you care for a patient and not notice they are pregnant until she gives birth? Shouldn't they have wondered why she did not have her period for months?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

dps

Quote from: Tyr on January 06, 2019, 01:06:30 PM
QuoteA woman who's been in a vegetative state for more than a decade gave birth last week, prompting authorities to investigate what looks like a case of sexual assault at an Arizona nursing facility.

According to KPHO-TV, a Phoenix CBS subsidiary, the woman in question became a longtime patient at Hacienda HealthCare after a "near-drowning incident" that occurred about 14 years ago. On December 29, she gave birth to a baby boy who —the outlet's anonymous source believes — seems to be alive and well.

While I can see how it might be difficult to determine right away whether or not a newborn is completely healthy, I'd really hope that a health care facility would be able to determine pretty easily if it is alive or not.

QuoteAlthough caretakers reportedly monitored the woman 24/7, they seem not to have noticed anything out of the ordinary before she went into labor: "None of the staff were aware that she was pregnant until she was pretty much giving birth," the source said. "From what I've been told she was moaning. And they didn't know what was wrong with her."

A nurse was apparently on-hand to deliver the baby, but the alleged months-long oversight does suggest negligence.

D'oh.  Ya think?

Valmy

I also like how instead of doing a genetics test to punish the criminal responsible they are instead adopting a policy which treats every single male staff member as a criminal. Brilliant. What a weird medical facility.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."