And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Threviel

Quote from: Liep on December 14, 2018, 08:09:47 AM
fupnyt (fake news).

Fupnyt? Oh you wacky happy drunks. That's the funniest word I've heard for a good while.

Valmy

Quote from: celedhring on December 14, 2018, 09:33:05 AM
Just learnt that usage as Christmas decoration has driven the holly tree to near extinction in Spain and picking up the berries is forbidden.  :hmm:

Geez Spain. Be like Americans and use fake ones :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Camerus

My 92 year old grandma is now posting ironic memes on Facebook in between excerise classes and attending history lectures. She's a marvel.   :wub:

Josephus

Quote from: Threviel on December 14, 2018, 02:27:10 PM
Quote from: Liep on December 14, 2018, 08:09:47 AM
fupnyt (fake news).

Fupnyt? Oh you wacky happy drunks. That's the funniest word I've heard for a good while.

I just found out that the British slang word "bumpf" which means "junk paper, junk mail, etc." comes from "bum fodder"--aka ass wipes.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

mongers

Quote from: Liep on December 16, 2018, 08:11:28 AM
... map

Or more accurately 'Russian and Balkan countries look down on their neighbours most, whilst France, Spain and Benelux countries are most comfortable with theirs' ?

Excluding those countries all of Eastern Europe are in the 40-55% range, quite similar to their immediate neighbours of Germany, Italy, Austria and Switzerland in the narrower 45-50% range.

NB I've ignored the Baltics as those are just a few millions and maybe a special case? :unsure:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

mongers

Who's the only other user reading Languish now?

Users Online
47 Guests, 2 Users (2 Hidden)

:D

Maladict

Quote from: mongers on December 16, 2018, 08:26:23 AM
... map

Or more accurately 'Russian and Balkan countries look down on their neighbours most, whilst France, Spain and Benelux countries are most comfortable with theirs' ?

Excluding those countries all of Eastern Europe are in the 40-55% range, quite similar to their immediate neighbours of Germany, Italy, Austria and Switzerland in the narrower 45-50% range.

NB I've ignored the Baltics as those are just a few millions and maybe a special case? :unsure:

And proving that Greece can, in fact, out-Balkan the Balkans.

mongers

Quote from: Maladict on December 16, 2018, 09:35:30 AM
... map

:D

For that very reason I notionally included them in the region.

Eddie Teach

... map

Greece does have some historical justification though.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Larch

... map

Greece is 100% Balkan through and through, despite any claims they might make.

Syt

When did Triple H turn into Kratos? :unsure:

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josquius

Thats triple H now?

Wow. He changed. I remember when he was a blonde pretty boy type
██████
██████
██████

Admiral Yi

Mickey Rourke used to be beautiful.  Roids ugly you up.

The Larch

It's not as if bald/shaven head + big bushy beard is an uncommon look for burly men.