News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Habbaku on April 24, 2018, 06:47:49 PM
Yes, but there's been a furor amongst every both of Nancy's fans over it changing artists/writers and adapting to modern times.

:lol:

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

11B4V

Quote from: The Larch on April 24, 2018, 04:23:00 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 24, 2018, 02:51:22 PM
Quote from: The Larch on April 24, 2018, 06:25:42 AM
A lady from a godforsaken village in my region has gone viral because she has a certain resemblance to Trump. Thoughts?  :P

It think it's a remarkable likeness.  Seriously.

She has been featured in Newsweek now.  :lol:

http://www.newsweek.com/woman-who-looks-trump-goes-viral-spain-its-because-my-hair-color-898790

Another pic of her, with less of a resemblance to Trump, possibly because she's smiling on it.

Why is it a godforsaken village? What's wrong with it?
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Eddie Teach

God forsook it. What more do you want?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

DGuller

She seems more of a Boris Yeltsin type in that second pic.

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

The Brain

Quote from: derspiess on April 24, 2018, 03:48:13 PM
Quote from: Barrister on April 24, 2018, 02:38:28 PM
I get a phone call from an unknown number.  In a synthetic voice read out says that they are revenue canada and they have a criminal complaint for tax deficiencies out against "my name" and urging me to call a number back.

Now I wish I'd written down that number and called them to torment them for awhile, then maybe report them for criminal charges.  But eh, I have too much work to do on my own.

It's fun.  My favorite is when I get calls from India telling me I qualify for a lower APR on my credit card.  I was able to keep one of them on the line for 37 minutes before I told them the customer service number on the back of my card was 1-800-FUCKOFF.

Honorable mention goes to the calls telling me my PC has a virus.  Those guys get extra pissed when they realize you're screwing with them.

It only works if you think their time is more valuable than yours.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Eddie Teach

Presumably he's enjoying the activity, so his time isn't wasted.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

derspiess

Quote from: The Brain on April 25, 2018, 12:56:26 AM
I get a phone call from an unknown number.  In a synthetic voice read out says that they are revenue canada and they have a criminal complaint for tax deficiencies out against "my name" and urging me to call a number back.

Now I wish I'd written down that number and called them to torment them for awhile, then maybe report them for criminal charges.  But eh, I have too much work to do on my own.

It's fun.  My favorite is when I get calls from India telling me I qualify for a lower APR on my credit card.  I was able to keep one of them on the line for 37 minutes before I told them the customer service number on the back of my card was 1-800-FUCKOFF.

Honorable mention goes to the calls telling me my PC has a virus.  Those guys get extra pissed when they realize you're screwing with them.

Fair point.  I usually only take these calls when I'm on my lunch.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Josquius

Quote from: The Brain on April 25, 2018, 12:56:26 AM

Or you could think of it in terms other than money.
An hour spent with you is an hour they aren't talking to a vulnerable person
██████
██████
██████

The Brain

Everyone's favorite sexually deviant insane Danish weirdo rocketeer submariner Peter Madsen got life in prison for the murder under aggravating circumstances of Swedish journalist Kim Wall.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

grumbler

Quote from: The Brain on April 25, 2018, 11:34:33 AM
Everyone's favorite sexually deviant insane Danish weirdo rocketeer submariner Peter Madsen got life in prison for the murder under aggravating circumstances of Swedish journalist Kim Wall.

That's very speedy justice compared to what we get in the US.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Josquius

I'm kind of surprised. Thought there'd be something about insanity.
The defence's argument did make sense- why go on about her visiting his submarine if he was planning to kill her there?
Smart he was not.
██████
██████
██████

Grey Fox

Don't think he planned it to in advance. Probably made a pass at her & couldn't deal when she said no.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall