News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Larch

celedhring

8/10

Missed [spoiler]Lima and Kolkata[/spoiler].

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

derspiess

7/10.  Missed two that would have been correct had I gone with my first guess.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Admiral Yi

Admiral Yi

I got the easy ones then ragequit.

The Brain

Josquius

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 19, 2017, 02:46:42 PM
WTF is a Kolkata?
Calcutta

I did quite OK, except for what should have been one of the easier ones in Rome.
The Tokyo one even says Tokyo on it so...
██████
██████
██████

Maladict

10/10

I was sure the penultimate one was [spoiler]Lucca until I couldn't find the amphitheatre.[/spoiler]

mongers

Quote from: Tyr on December 19, 2017, 03:25:23 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 19, 2017, 02:46:42 PM
WTF is a Kolkata?
Calcutta

I did quite OK, except for what should have been one of the easier ones in Rome.
The Tokyo one even says Tokyo on it so...

Oh, that's were I went wrong as I was only using a 10" screen and couldn't zoom in, so was guessing by general shape, hence my 6 out of ten.  :blush:

edit:
Nice lot of sebastien vauban work* on show in the quiz.

Well at least inspired by his designs.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

The Brain

I like how people don't feel constrained by spoiler issues. Free spirits.

garbon

Some people are jerks.

[spoiler]Btw, the Sydney one says Sydney on it in English. And I got Vienna because of Syt's description previously about the old ring road. :)[/spoiler]
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Maladict

Quote from: The Brain on December 19, 2017, 03:46:40 PM
I like how people don't feel constrained by spoiler issues. Free spirits.

:blush:

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017