News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: Tyr on September 22, 2017, 12:55:46 PM
Apparently the happy birthday song isn't copyrighted anymore.
Woo.

Thank God. That was really getting silly.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Oexmelin

Multi-spectral imaging the Declaration of Independence revealed Jefferson initially wrote "our fellow subjects".

Que le grand cric me croque !

Ed Anger

I have been reliably informed by the twins that a My Little Pony movie is coming out. They also informed me that I will take them or else.

Please call Adult Protective services. I'm scared. They are using a battering ram on the door and I don't know how long I can hold ou
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Valmy

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 22, 2017, 07:25:33 PM
I have been reliably informed by the twins that a My Little Pony movie is coming out. They also informed me that I will take them or else.

Please call Adult Protective services. I'm scared. They are using a battering ram on the door and I don't know how long I can hold ou

The Bronies will chant 'One of Us! One of Us!' when they see you there.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

MadBurgerMaker

WELP

We were leaving to go to dinner and the symphony tonight, but on the way out, my wife puts an empty box on top of the recycle bin in apparently just the right spot so that it jammed up the door enough that it bent the goddamn track on the other side before it stopped and pulled the door back up.

Garage door repair dudes will be here sometime in the next couple of hours.  Guess I'll order a pizza. :mellow:

Josquius

Apparently nickname in French is surname.
Oh the wonderful confusion that can be had

" so the visa application form says your name is.... Jean-Claude Terminator?.... "
██████
██████
██████

Eddie Teach

That person is lying about their nickname.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Brain

And it's unclear why he lied, what's wrong with Universal Soldier?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Tyr on September 25, 2017, 01:21:49 AM
Apparently nickname in French is surname.
Oh the wonderful confusion that can be had

" so the visa application form says your name is.... Jean-Claude Terminator?.... "

Yeah, one should not confuse surnom and nom de guerre:P

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Savonarola

Siemens-Alstom merger just announced. :o

I didn't even have time to learn French.   :(
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Maximus

Do you get to learn German now?

Savonarola

Quote from: Maximus on September 26, 2017, 03:38:50 PM
Do you get to learn German now?

It would be a good idea for me to learn some German; but it's not really necessary.

It could have been worse; Alstom was also in talks with Bombardier.  I would have had to learn Franglais.  :Canuck:
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Savonarola on September 26, 2017, 03:17:00 PM
Siemens-Alstom merger just announced. :o

I didn't even have time to learn French.   :(

So crappy ICEs (since Siemens parted ways with Bombardier) are going to be a thing of the past?  :P