News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 27, 2017, 09:05:32 PM
You know what would cheer you up?  A nice eviction.

I get no thrill from that. Firing the electrician who shows up 2 hours late? That's a thrill.

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

All I get from my property management people are:

1st Appointment: "Can't make it, I don't have my ladder."
2nd Appointment: "Can't make it, my one guy called in sick."
3rd Appointment: "Can't make it, my one guy called in sick and he has my ladder."

Ed Anger

:lol:

I wished I owned some condos.  :(

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 27, 2017, 07:22:11 PM
I will not be visiting France this year.

Jeep owners gets first dibs on the chateau, n'est-ce pas?

Ed Anger

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 28, 2017, 12:32:41 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on May 27, 2017, 07:22:11 PM
I will not be visiting France this year.

Jeep owners gets first dibs on the chateau, n'est-ce pas?

Seedy would get first priority as my blood brother.

CountDeMoney

Woo hoo!  In your face Flanders!

Savonarola

I was going over some of my wife's marketing books and I came across a reference to Strand cigarettes  :bowler::smoke:

This was a famous advertising blunder, consumers interpreted it as "If you have no friends, then smoke Strand."  :bowler::smoke:
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Liep

11 dead in Moscow hurricane. :o
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Liep on May 29, 2017, 10:32:27 AM

Is that bigger or smaller than a cross-fire hurricane?

Tonitrus

In Russian, high winds storms (this one wasn't weak though...70mph winds) will be called a "hurricane"...so not really one as us Amerikans would think of it.

CountDeMoney

Fuck 'em, then.  Every dead Russian is one less hacker, one less mobster, one less White House employee.

Tonitrus

What about the women?  :(

CountDeMoney

Honeypots.  Stay away.

Razgovory

Quote from: Tonitrus on May 29, 2017, 11:44:52 AM

In Russian, high winds storms (this one wasn't weak though...70mph winds) will be called a "hurricane"...so not really one as us Amerikans would think of it.

It's called "May" in Kansas.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Syt

Putin meeting Macron.

The Poot has looked better.  :hmm:

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.