News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Monoriu

I think they should stop with the practice of having different host cities every 4 years.  Too much waste in building all the venues that aren't used very often.  There should be a permanent host city.  Athens or somewhere in Greece.  Or somewhere in Switzerland for the summer games.  Then another place for the winter sports. 

Eddie Teach

I didn't know derspiess was rich enough to have a kid in the winter Olympics.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

derspiess

My rich uncle is paying for his curling training.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on March 22, 2017, 11:33:40 PM
My rich uncle is paying for his curling training.

I'm sure he'll make a fine stylist.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Valmy

Quote from: Monoriu on March 22, 2017, 10:57:01 PM
I think they should stop with the practice of having different host cities every 4 years.  Too much waste in building all the venues that aren't used very often.  There should be a permanent host city.  Athens or somewhere in Greece.  Or somewhere in Switzerland for the summer games.  Then another place for the winter sports. 

I think it would cost a fortune to restore Athens to its 2004 state at this point.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Larch

Quote from: derspiess on March 22, 2017, 10:51:14 PM
Speaking of which, when are the Olympics going to be back in a normal country?

2020 will be Tokyo, 2024 will be either LA or Paris.

Valmy

If it is in LA I hope we can get everybody to boycott again so we can win everything like last time.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

alfred russel

Quote from: Valmy on March 23, 2017, 08:31:11 AM
If it is in LA I hope we can get everybody to boycott again so we can win everything like last time.

If it isn't in LA, hopefully a place like Moscow makes a late push. Otherwise, if Trump is still president, we might not win anything as we could be boycotting like in 1980.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Razgovory

My little brother is taking a vacation to San Francisco.  Hope he's having fun.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Grey Fox

Quote from: derspiess on March 22, 2017, 10:51:14 PM
Speaking of which, when are the Olympics going to be back in a normal country?

3 in a row :bleeding:

2024 should be in LA.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Josephus

Quote from: Syt on March 20, 2017, 03:17:44 AM
Works in Vienna, too.

It's pretty much a universal thing innit?
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Admiral Yi