News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Israel-Hamas War 2023

Started by Zanza, October 07, 2023, 04:56:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

I'm not particularly impressed when the far right makes those statements, no.  And let's be honest, you don't either.  The two cases we were discussing were about defending Hamas.  The difference between not wanting black people in the park and not wanting Jewish people in the Middle East is because one is left and one is right.

The two people in the article were defending Hamas.  One was tearing down posters because they said that Hamas were terrorists which she felt was just propaganda, and the other one said we need to "stop apologizing for Hamas"
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Josquius on Today at 06:54:01 AMAs said I do think the difference is between is it the person themselves being a problem or is it people who have decided they're a problem.
You have a worker who has a habit of shouting the n word at people- yeah...better fire him. Thats just good business practice.
You could say its a no brainer and there's no real choice there, but it is still your free will in firing him.

On the other hand you've somebody who seems fine but who a group on the internet have decided they really don't like and claim is an anti-semite with minimal out of context proof...then its their push which is far more behind this than any potential risk of the worker mistreating Jewish customers.
Its still down to you to pull the trigger. But the consequences of not doing so are completely out of your control. You can't just sit down with the worker and get them to apologise and promise not to say any offensive words going forward as you might have had a chance with the first guy. The wheels are in motion with the pressure group.

As you say free will is a continuum and not a black and white thing. But I'd say the more abstracted something gets from the reality on the ground the more free will is removed .

Okey dokey.  So your principle is: if it's a habit, fire him or her.  If it's not a habit, then they seem  fine and one video is minimal out of context proof and they should not be fired.

So for example these guys seem fine and there is minimal out of context proof and they should not be fired.

Correct?