News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Mass Effect Andromeda

Started by Solmyr, June 15, 2015, 03:26:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

I've only played a few hours, but so far this seems quite fun.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on April 28, 2017, 07:21:56 PM
I've only played a few hours, but so far this seems quite fun.

Cool. I hope it remains so until the end.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

Well, I could have done without the sudoku mini-game. :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on April 29, 2017, 08:29:40 AM
Well, I could have done without the sudoku mini-game. :D

You could be playing memory or match the colored text in ME2 instead :P

Or whatever that spinning wheel thing was in ME.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Scipio

Upgraded from the trial. Enjoying it so far. Annoying bug where I can't play it full screen, but have to play windowed borderless.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Valmy

It seems my worst fears were realized. EA has decided to axe Mass Effect as a franchise due to the controversy over ME:A. So damn typical. EA interferes and creates problems for a franchise and then ends the franchise for being unable to continue to be good. It is not nearly as comically egregious as it was with Ultima and Wing Commader but still...pretty rough.

At least this means when I finally finish my AAR it will be a complete series! :P

Caliga

Where'd you hear this?

If true, not surprising.  EA is pretty much the worst game company ever. :(
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Valmy

Quote from: Caliga on May 22, 2017, 09:39:13 AM
Where'd you hear this?

If true, not surprising.  EA is pretty much the worst game company ever. :(

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-05-11-mass-effect-series-on-ice-following-andromeda-disappointment

It's dead Jim.

And yeah EA is pretty shit. The other big publishers are not much better though for things like this though.

Scipio

The kicker is that Andromeda is a quantum leap in gameplay. It also sets up some really neat ideas. They are just colossal fuckwits.
-Jose Canseco

-Every cop, The Wire

-John Hurt

Valmy

Quote from: Scipio on May 22, 2017, 11:25:46 AM
The kicker is that Andromeda is a quantum leap in gameplay. It also sets up some really neat ideas. They are just colossal fuckwits.

There were mean articles posted on the internet though!!11.

Though not nearly as mean as what usually gets written about EA's management.

Scipio

I am really enjoying Andromeda. It's fun to be Star Treking in a sitch where there are new civilizations to you, but there's no Prime Directive type issues. Also, I love the jump jets, the biotic dodge, and the pew pew stuff. The daddy issues stuff is handled in a very clever way. I like it.
-Jose Canseco

-Every cop, The Wire

-John Hurt

garbon

Quote from: Scipio on May 23, 2017, 10:02:08 AM
I am really enjoying Andromeda. It's fun to be Star Treking in a sitch where there are new civilizations to you, but there's no Prime Directive type issues. Also, I love the jump jets, the biotic dodge, and the pew pew stuff. The daddy issues stuff is handled in a very clever way. I like it.

I need to get back into it. Was very snappy but then I lost a little interest with the Angora. Just don't really care that much about them.

Scipio

Quote from: garbon on May 23, 2017, 10:25:40 AM
Quote from: Scipio on May 23, 2017, 10:02:08 AM

I need to get back into it. Was very snappy but then I lost a little interest with the Angora. Just don't really care that much about them.
I find the Kett a lot more compelling, and their interaction with the Angara is very interesting. And sort of obvious; it's telegraphed very well what in fact is going on, and although it's unsubtle, it's not badly done at all.
-Jose Canseco

-Every cop, The Wire

-John Hurt

viper37

Quote from: Valmy on May 22, 2017, 09:44:00 AM
And yeah EA is pretty shit. The other big publishers are not much better though for things like this though.
The Elder Scrolls series is still kicking :)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

garbon

I'm so glad that [spoiler]Cerberus[/spoiler] gets a token appearance in this installment. :D