Main Menu

Mass Effect Andromeda

Started by Solmyr, June 15, 2015, 03:26:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

Quote from: viper37 on March 15, 2017, 02:18:31 PM
Glad I didn't pre-ordered this one :)
It's bad
Reviews have been surprisingly mixed, yeah.

I was never going to pick it up at release anyway, though.  I am still playing through Tyranny and will switch over to Witcher 3 after I finish it.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Valmy

It's bad

Well I watched TB playing it on a VoD, the multiplayer anyway, and his assessment was 'it's not bad, a bit better than the last one anyway.' So the combat part seems decent enough. That certainly made me want to play a Vanguard, holy shit.

So if you want some spoiler free gameplay you can take a look: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-ZBqBbA6mQ

I read a similarly hysterical take down of PoE when it was first released and that turned out to be nonsense. But in any case I am eventually going to play Andromeda on my AAR so if it sucks you can at least enjoy watching me bitch about it.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: Caliga on March 17, 2017, 01:17:55 PM
It's bad
Reviews have been surprisingly mixed, yeah.

I was never going to pick it up at release anyway, though.  I am still playing through Tyranny and will switch over to Witcher 3 after I finish it.

Yeah you should never get their shit at release. Half the content is always DLC that drops a few months later everytime.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Valmy

Quote from: celedhring on March 15, 2017, 02:20:18 PM
This reminds me I never got around to play Inquisition's DLCs. Might do it now... or not.

Heh. If you do I suggest playing it on a lower difficulty. The monsters have ridiculously large numbers of hit points. The DLC are pretty strong though, I thought, once you get passed that.

Josquius

I was optimistic it could restore hope after ME3 but....seems not.
██████
██████
██████

Valmy

Quote from: Tyr on March 20, 2017, 12:11:31 PM
I was optimistic it could restore hope after ME3 but....seems not.

Bioware is in its decadence. I think they are just going to be making 'ok' versions of their previous games. Though I know they are working on a new property of some kind, so we will see.

I think they lack a strong vision now that the doctors left. I do not even know who is in charge now.

celedhring

Quote from: Valmy on March 20, 2017, 10:32:49 AM
Quote from: celedhring on March 15, 2017, 02:20:18 PM
This reminds me I never got around to play Inquisition's DLCs. Might do it now... or not.

Heh. If you do I suggest playing it on a lower difficulty. The monsters have ridiculously large numbers of hit points. The DLC are pretty strong though, I thought, once you get passed that.

Started playing the Inquisitor's tomb one. So far it's decent enough.

I agree with your assessment, btw. DA:I is just an "ok" version of DA. Not bad, playable, entertaining, but hardly compelling.

Valmy

It's good. The other two are good to.

celedhring

Quote from: Valmy on March 20, 2017, 12:37:35 PM

I'm intrigued with the Qunari one. But it's the last one I should play, form what I gather.

Valmy

Quote from: celedhring on March 20, 2017, 12:38:34 PM

I'm intrigued with the Qunari one. But it's the last one I should play, form what I gather.

Wait you mean Trespasser? Really? I thought that one was fun. I mean with all the caveats of long boring grinding fights that DAI is filled with in its late game.

celedhring

Quote from: Valmy on March 20, 2017, 12:42:56 PM
Quote from: celedhring on March 20, 2017, 12:38:34 PM

Wait you mean Trespasser? Really? I thought that one was fun. I mean with all the caveats of long boring grinding fights that DAI is filled with in its late game.

Yeah, Trespasser. I like the Qunari. The Arishock bits were among my favorite parts of DA2.

Valmy

Quote from: celedhring on March 20, 2017, 12:36:14 PM

I agree with your assessment, btw. DA:I is just an "ok" version of DA. Not bad, playable, entertaining, but hardly compelling.

Yes. Yes it is.

Valmy

Quote from: celedhring on March 20, 2017, 12:45:36 PM
Yeah, Trespasser. I like the Qunari. The Arishock bits were among my favorite parts of DA2.

You should definitely play it if you want to play DAI DLC. It, after all, concludes the story.

Malicious Intent

[/quote]

You should definitely play it if you want to play DAI DLC. It, after all, concludes the story.
[/quote]

Plus it nicely prepares the stage for the next game in the DA series, which will be set in Tevinter.

All in all, I found Trespasser to give a far more satisfying ending to DA:I than the original ending without DLC.

Valmy

I have to say after watching the Co-optional podcast yesterday and watching Strippin stream it a bit I don't see what everybody is freaking out about with Andromeda. The game seems perfectly fine.