Mass Effect Andromeda

Started by Solmyr, June 15, 2015, 03:26:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: Syt on June 16, 2015, 12:04:35 AM
I have yet to finish ME3 (though I played the first two twice each). :blush:

I have yet to even play it :P

I will get around to it eventually.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: Grey Fox on June 16, 2015, 07:17:41 AM
I could never get thru ME1 & now the graphics are too dated.

No real interest into this one.

Consider giving ME2 a shot. It is a lot of fun and you don't really need to have played ME1 to enjoy it.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Caliga

Dude, it's like your feelings are hurt or something.  Calm down. :huh:

And yes, the first game had a crippling bug, as in I needed to go to some dwarf mine place and literally could not do it... at all.  The advice from tech support was "restart the game from the beginning".
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Syt

Well, for me DA:O combat was that grindy bit to get to story part. ;)
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Valmy

Quote from: Caliga on June 16, 2015, 08:24:27 AM
Dude, it's like your feelings are hurt or something.  Calm down. :huh:

And yes, the first game had a crippling bug, as in I needed to go to some dwarf mine place and literally could not do it... at all.  The advice from tech support was "restart the game from the beginning".

Oh no my feelings were not hurt at all. I thought I was just talking about the game. Chill. But you if you say something bizarre and ridiculous I am going comment on it.

Weird. I played it rather obsessively right at release and I never encountered any serious bugs. But hey we all have bad luck. But you said it had crippling bugs, as in it was loaded with bugs, which it certainly was not.

Valmy

Quote from: Syt on June 16, 2015, 08:24:53 AM
Well, for me DA:O combat was that grindy bit to get to story part. ;)

Yeah if you feel that way this might not be your series :P

Valmy

Ok having watched the trailer how in the world did anybody get 'this is Dragon Age in space' from that? It looked pretty much like any other Mass Effect trailer  :huh:

viper37

Quote from: Valmy on June 16, 2015, 08:22:04 AM
I don't get the criticism about filled to the brim with enemies. It is not particularly monster dense compared to Mass Effect and certainly not Baldur's Gate.
Me neither, I don't get this criticism.  Do people really enjoy playing a game where they walk alone across a desert?  Whenever I've cleared an area in a game and I have to walk/run in that area because I forgot one piece of something somewhere, I get bored.  I remember travelling at large through the Hissing Wastes of DA:I trying to find the pieces of a document I was missing.  God, that was boring.  And yet, there are people who hate the fights in game.  I guess I must be a different breed of gamer.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: Valmy on June 16, 2015, 08:35:55 AM
Ok having watched the trailer how in the world did anybody get 'this is Dragon Age in space' from that? It looked pretty much like any other Mass Effect trailer  :huh:
it's the same engine as DA:I.  Some of the places do look similar in fact.  But you've got lot more freedom of movement than in DA:I (jumping high in the air) and the graphics look more fluid, closer to Destiny, from what I've seen in the trailers, at least, since I didn't play that.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Tamas

Quote from: Valmy on June 16, 2015, 08:35:55 AM

same here

Caliga

*shrug* Don't look at me, I haven't watched it.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Syt

Quote from: Valmy on June 16, 2015, 08:22:04 AMI don't get the criticism about filled to the brim with enemies. It is not particularly monster dense compared to Mass Effect and certainly not Baldur's Gate.

You're right, but for some reason it felt off to me. Like the devs had gone, created a map, and then filled it with mobs like in an MMO for no other reason than to drag things out. I can't quite put my finger on it, but it just didn't feel right. For some reason I didn't mind in ME, even though especially the first one re-uses locations ad nauseam (I made up an explanation for myself that those would be prefabricated standard buildings :P ). It felt more organic/natural to me than just having a bunch of baddies waiting around a corner for the player to show up.

Again, YMMV a lot, but it just felt grindy and off to me.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Legbiter

Bioware to me is dead after they released DA:I.

What that shitfuck amounted to was 100 hours of offline MMO grinding with about 15 hours of story. Add terrible PC controls, braindead combat and loot system, a frustrating menu system, etc, etc and you have a 11/10 GOTY just because 2014 was otherwise a meh year for new releases anyway.

In the new Mass Effect they're using the same engine and marketing the game as you being the pioneer exploring new open world lands and setting up customized outposts, etc, exactly as they did with DA:I.

Oh, and the fact that Bioware went full tumblrsexual SJW retard with the title as well, violating my willing suspension of disbelief so that David Gaider and the fag hags on his writing team could preach the Gospel Of Tumblr in my gritty medieval fantasy did no favors to my otherwise bountiful good will towards the franchise.

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Syt

Quote from: Legbiter on June 16, 2015, 06:50:07 PMWhat that shitfuck amounted to was 100 hours of offline MMO grinding with about 15 hours of story

Meanwhile they make ab announcement like this for SWTOR: "Knights of the Fallen Empire marks a renewed focus on BioWare-style cinematic storytelling in Star Wars™: The Old Republic™."  :lol:
—Stephen Jay Gould

garbon

Course Legbiter's review of DA:I's problems was just as silly as everything he ever posts.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.