Syt's Pictorial Collection of Stuff and Things (image heavy)

Started by Syt, June 07, 2015, 02:08:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Larch

Eddie Teach

Is that cherub supposed to be peeing into the coke bottle?  :wacko:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Oexmelin

It's the famous Manneken Pis, a symbol of Brussels. They dress him up for holidays.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manneken_Pis
Que le grand cric me croque !

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Larch

garbon

Interesting to see from a time when being hairy was a positive.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

Forza Horizon 4, taking place in the UK, includes plenty iconic British cars and some that are ... quirkier.

Like the Reliant Robin:

Or the Peel P50:

Or the Peel Trident:

Or the Morgan 3 Wheeler ... from 2014:

It has plenty other oddballs, like a line of James Bond cars (including a Citroen 2CV), or the Mercedes Unimog 2 ton truck (I remember that one from military service). Or the GMC van from the A-Team. Or the Warthog from Halo. Or the VW Type 2 (hippie bus). Or the BMW Isetta (mine has a Kinder surprise egg paint job). There's over 500 cars in the game, all lovingly modeled in stunning detail, and new ones added regularly.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Syt

Quote from: The Brain on January 28, 2019, 05:10:33 AM
It's an arcade driver, right? Not a simulation?

Arcade, yes. Which is why I got into it. I tried Project Cars 2, and gave up. :D
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Malthus

Quote from: Syt on January 28, 2019, 05:07:50 AM
Forza Horizon 4, taking place in the UK, includes plenty iconic British cars and some that are ... quirkier.

Like the Reliant Robin:

Mr. Bean's rival car!  :lol:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Syt

This Buddhist festival in Thailand has a bit of a Riefenstahlian tinge. :P

—Stephen Jay Gould

Malthus

Quote from: Syt on February 25, 2019, 09:21:30 AM
This Buddhist festival in Thailand has a bit of a Riefenstahlian tinge. :P

Plus a touch of Ancient Aliens.  :lol:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Syt

Management centre of the USSR North-Western Integrated Power Grid, Riga, pictured in the book Soviet Latvia, 1985
—Stephen Jay Gould