Started by Martinus, May 13, 2015, 07:04:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

I'm not talking about that part of your post. :sleep:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Grallon

Quote from: Caliga on December 01, 2017, 11:39:22 AM
I'm not talking about that part of your post. :sleep:

The game has been out for well over 2 years Cal - everyone who's played it already knows there are 3 potential endings.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Valmy

At least one of them will still surprise Cal :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

PRC

Quote from: Oexmelin on December 01, 2017, 09:26:39 AM
Because backward compatibility and capacity to play with my sister (that's what she has).

PS4 all the way.  Backwards compatibility is nice, but there are some great exclusives... Horizon Zero Dawn, Uncharted, Bloodborne.  I don't have the VR addon, but people are raving about Skyrim VR too.

11B4V

Quote from: PRC on December 01, 2017, 11:16:23 PM
Quote from: Oexmelin on December 01, 2017, 09:26:39 AM
Because backward compatibility and capacity to play with my sister (that's what she has).

PS4 all the way.  Backwards compatibility is nice, but there are some great exclusives... Horizon Zero Dawn, Uncharted, Bloodborne.  I don't have the VR addon, but people are raving about Skyrim VR too.

My only reason to buy a ps4 would be The Last of Us and soon to be #2.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Oexmelin

Meh. Not that concerned about exclusives either.
Que le grand cric me croque !

Caliga

Finally beat the main quest. :sleep:

I got what is supposed to be the 'worst' ending, but on reflection I liked it and am glad that's the one I got.  It just seems to fit well with the overarching story of Geralt.

Since I have the GOTY edition I still have the expansions to play through.

I do think this is the greatest RPG of all time, too. :)

celedhring

If you loved the game, you'll greatly enjoy the DLCs too. Hearts of Stone has some damn great writing. Blood & Wine has some amazing bits too.

Yeah, Witcher 3 rocks. I need more :(

Caliga

I beat Hearts of Stone and now am plowing through Blood and Wine.

My estate cook used to be a wight.  Now she's just an old lady.  Great fun. :)

viper37

Quote from: celedhring on March 31, 2018, 11:48:13 AMIf you loved the game, you'll greatly enjoy the DLCs too. Hearts of Stone has some damn great writing. Blood & Wine has some amazing bits too.

Yeah, Witcher 3 rocks. I need more :(
Bumping this thread.

Release notes for the Witcher 3 next-gen update.

They upgrade the graphics, fixed some bugs, integrated some mods and changed the appearance of Dandelion (optional) to match how he looks in the tv show.  Also, one new side quest has been added.

Free on december 14th for owners of the original game.  After that, you'll need to buy the game.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Crazy_Ivan80

It looks darn pretty, but I had to turn of the ray tracing as the fps -guess- being locked at 30 when on was just too much... or in this case, too little.

viper37

My AMD card does not support ray tracing, so I do not know.
They released a hotfix today that supposedly improve performance, but from what I've read, not many people have seen a difference.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.