News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Fallout 4

Started by Syt, May 11, 2015, 07:27:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Not sure what I think of the flying ships. I do like the slightly more stylized looks. And if this is an in game trailer it might have seamless transition from indoors to outdoors (like Gothic or Witcher 3)?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

11B4V

QuoteGonna say the trailer has left me a bit cold. It's still Fallout so I'm gonna get it no matter what, but the trailer has nothing distinctive on it bar the USS Constellation with rocket engines strapped on. 

All they need to do is what they did in that trailer to cause a huge buzz. I would expect a reaction like yours from a casual FO gamer.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

Quote from: Norgy on June 03, 2015, 10:45:09 AM
The launch trailer looks dangerously delicious. I'll probably give in and buy this too, and play it halfway through before I ragequit.

What was there to ragequit about the others?
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Syt

Quote from: 11B4V on June 03, 2015, 11:26:15 AM
All they need to do is what they did in that trailer to cause a huge buzz. I would expect a reaction like yours from a casual FO gamer.
:unsure:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

11B4V

Quote from: Syt on June 03, 2015, 11:34:36 AM

:P

11B4V

Not you, you snuck in there.

Barrister

Quote from: celedhring on June 03, 2015, 11:16:17 AM
Gonna say the trailer has left me a bit cold. It's still Fallout so I'm gonna get it no matter what, but the trailer has nothing distinctive on it bar the USS Constellation with rocket engines strapped on.

That can be a bit of an issue for Fallout.  The world they created is so distinctive, but it's hard to go and do much different with it now that it has been created.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

celedhring

Quote from: 11B4V on June 03, 2015, 11:40:01 AM

I have played and finished all FO games since 1... I'm hardly casual. It's just that this might as well be the trailer for Fallout 3 with a few new exterior shots.

Again, I love the series so this will be purchased once I upgrade my PC.

11B4V

Quote from: celedhring on June 03, 2015, 11:48:27 AM

You are too quick to judge based off a short trailer. However, even if it turns out as you say, I would still be good with it.

I have played and finished all FO games since 1... I'm hardly casual.

This might as well be the trailer for Fallout 3 with a few new exterior shots.

Norgy

Quote from: derspiess on June 03, 2015, 10:39:54 AM
It's all I know-- not having played any mods, my ignorance is bliss.  Plus I hate having to keep my PC up to optimum specs to have a decent gaming experience.  Console hardware standardization eliminates that headache.

I don't get that. You're an affluent tech-savvy guy.
Some games are meant for consoles, some for PC. This one is meant for PC.

And it's not like you need the best hardware ever to run most games at better settings than you can on a console.

celedhring

Quote from: 11B4V on June 03, 2015, 11:52:32 AM
Quote from: celedhring on June 03, 2015, 11:48:27 AM

You are too quick to judge based off a short trailer. However, even if it turns out as you say, I would still be good with it.

I have played and finished all FO games since 1... I'm hardly casual.

This might as well be the trailer for Fallout 3 with a few new exterior shots.

Well, I'm just judging the trailer, not the game. The trailer was a bit underwhelming to me.

11B4V

Quote from: Norgy on June 03, 2015, 11:53:17 AM
Quote from: derspiess on June 03, 2015, 10:39:54 AM
It's all I know-- not having played any mods, my ignorance is bliss.  Plus I hate having to keep my PC up to optimum specs to have a decent gaming experience.  Console hardware standardization eliminates that headache.

I don't get that. You're an affluent tech-savvy guy.
Some games are meant for consoles, some for PC. This one is meant for PC.

And it's not like you need the best hardware ever to run most games at better settings than you can on a console.

Surprises me too

With the tools out there FOMM, foscript edit it's easy as shirt to mod these games. I'm sure TES has similar stuff.

Norgy

Quote from: 11B4V on June 03, 2015, 11:33:25 AM
Quote from: Norgy on June 03, 2015, 10:45:09 AM
The launch trailer looks dangerously delicious. I'll probably give in and buy this too, and play it halfway through before I ragequit.

What was there to ragequit about the others?

My own incompetence in building a good character. I always try to be a jack-of-all-trades and end up being a jack of nothing.

Warspite

Quote from: Barrister on June 03, 2015, 11:44:24 AM
Quote from: celedhring on June 03, 2015, 11:16:17 AM
Gonna say the trailer has left me a bit cold. It's still Fallout so I'm gonna get it no matter what, but the trailer has nothing distinctive on it bar the USS Constellation with rocket engines strapped on.

That can be a bit of an issue for Fallout.  The world they created is so distinctive, but it's hard to go and do much different with it now that it has been created.

I would like to see a Fallout game set outside the US. They could do a lot with that.
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

Syt

London, Paris, Berlin, Hong Kong, Tokyo ...
—Stephen Jay Gould