And we're back!

Main Menu

Fallout 4

Started by Syt, May 11, 2015, 07:27:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: 11B4V on July 04, 2017, 02:11:35 PM
Anyone using mods with the Xbox 1?

Not yet, but I plan on getting back into it on XBone soon.  If you've tried any, I'd be happy to hear recommendations.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

11B4V

Quote from: derspiess on July 13, 2017, 09:52:17 AM
Quote from: 11B4V on July 04, 2017, 02:11:35 PM
Anyone using mods with the Xbox 1?

Not yet, but I plan on getting back into it on XBone soon.  If you've tried any, I'd be happy to hear recommendations.

Not yet
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

grumbler

If there's anyone who is still into this, or wants to get back into it, there's a new mod series called "Sim Settlements" https://www.simsettlements.com/ that allows to to "zone" your settlements (you place a  template, maybe 20ft by 20ft  of a specific type;  housing, farming, commercial, industrial, or heavy industrial, and then your settlers build on those.  You can leave the selection random*, or choose the specific type of house or whatever.  There are maybe 50 different houses, and maybe 20 each of the other types.  They upgrade as the settlement gets bigger (more houses  and more money) so your settlements are always changing a bit.  Eventually you will have stores, workbenchs of all types, security, water, electricity, etc.

I find it a lot of fun, just to see what is going on.  The variety is very appealing.

* random after all types have been used at least once in any settlement
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Razgovory

So, I'm thinking of buying the expansions on the Steam sale and trying it again.  Any good mods to recommend?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

celedhring

Same question as Raz. I bought the Gold Edition during the BF sales and I wondered if there were some mods people here would absolutely recommend. Thanks!

Iormlund

If you are at all interested in settlements the one Grumbler recommended is very good.

Personally I also liked to tune survival so I have less bullet-spongy foes. I used Survival Options but maybe something better has come along.

As with every Bethesda game, you should probably use the Unofficial patch mod to fix those bugs Bethesda can't be arsed to.