News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Fallout 4

Started by Syt, May 11, 2015, 07:27:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbler

FO3 seemed dominated by random encounters.  You couldn't take 5 steps without encountering some rad-something.  FONV seemed more planned-out, and was a lot more stable when they worked out the bugs.  Tale of Two Wastelands does combine the best of both.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Monoriu

I liked New Vegas more than Fallout 3.  But strangely I completed Fallout 3's main quest but not the New Vegas one. 

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Syt on May 11, 2015, 08:05:14 AM
Not sure. It's been a while since Bethesda released a big title, no?

Skyrim iirc? But I'm not sure since I don't follow Fallout. Shame it's not going to be ES6. oh well.

MadImmortalMan

I completed FO3's quest once.

I completed FONV's quest at least six times. Well, as much as you can say it was completed. Which is a complement.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Josquius

FO3 ruled.
NV...never finished it. So-so.
██████
██████
██████

Caliga

I've said this before and you people poo-pooed it, but I'll say it again.  I would like the FO games more without all the dumb rad things and mutants.  Just make it people and like wild dogs and shit.  You can easily make a game with just human adversaries challenging, horrifying, etc.  You don't need dumb monsters.  For me that ruins some of the immersion since FO isn't a fantasy world like Skyrim, and that might be why I never finish the FO games.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

The Brain

FO is a fantasy world.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Caliga

Quote from: The Brain on May 13, 2015, 12:34:34 PM
FO is a fantasy world.
What I mean is that it's set on the real Earth, as opposed to some other place like Middle-Earth or Tamriel or Pern or Dragonlance-planet (forget the name).

The Brain

Quote from: Caliga on May 13, 2015, 12:46:15 PM
FO is a fantasy world.
What I mean is that it's set on the real Earth, as opposed to some other place like Middle-Earth or Tamriel or Pern or Dragonlance-planet (forget the name).

You want a realistic post-apocalyptic setting like Mad Max?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

Quote from: Caliga on May 13, 2015, 12:46:15 PM
FO is a fantasy world.

Harry Potter is set on the real Earth, but it is still a fantasy world.

Look, I think someone could make a very interesting realistic post-apocalyptic game.  I might buy that game.  But that game wouldn't be Fallout.  Fallout has it's 1950s setting, some over-the-top 1950s future technology, and yes, it has its mutants and radscoprions.

It takes just as much of its artistic vision from pulpy sci-fi as it does from reality.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

Yeah Fallout was never intended to model a realistic nuclear wasteland.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Syt

Yeah, Fallout is more A Boy And His Dog than The Day After.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Caliga

Quote from: The Brain on May 13, 2015, 12:48:58 PM
You want a realistic post-apocalyptic setting like Mad Max?
Actually that would be awesome. :)

Caliga

Quote from: Valmy on May 13, 2015, 01:11:01 PM
Yeah Fallout was never intended to model a realistic nuclear wasteland.
I know that, and the last time we had this conversation someone else pointed it out to me, too.  :P