News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

World of Warships

Started by Berkut, May 08, 2015, 01:15:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

frunk

Premium doesn't tell you how good a ship is, just if you have to pay money for it (or get it in a promotion like this).  Premium ships earn more currency than non-premium.  If you want to compare quality it's better to look at the tier of the ship. 

Everything I'm saying is based on World of Tanks, but I'm pretty sure it's the same system.

grumbler

Quote from: frunk on December 11, 2016, 02:06:55 PM
Premium doesn't tell you how good a ship is, just if you have to pay money for it (or get it in a promotion like this).  Premium ships earn more currency than non-premium.  If you want to compare quality it's better to look at the tier of the ship. 

Everything I'm saying is based on World of Tanks, but I'm pretty sure it's the same system.

Gotcha.  A turd, but a free turd.  :lol:
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

CountDeMoney

Yeah, "Premium" just means that you can't level into it;  it can only be purchased or awarded under special circumstances.  It's just not an available element of the tech tree to the pheasants.

Remember, these are Russian-produced games.  Their definition of "Premium" is different than ours.  OPULENCE I HAS IT

grumbler

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 11, 2016, 02:59:10 PM
Yeah, "Premium" just means that you can't level into it;  it can only be purchased or awarded under special circumstances.  It's just not an available element of the tech tree to the pheasants.

I didn't think pheasants used trees of any kind, being ground-based birds.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

The Brain

Many kinds of ants climb trees.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: grumbler on December 11, 2016, 03:25:38 PM

In Trump's America, anything with wings can fly.  Duh.

grumbler

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 11, 2016, 04:05:42 PM
Quote from: grumbler on December 11, 2016, 03:25:38 PM

In Trump's America, anything with wings can fly.  Duh.

So you are saying the pheasants are revolting?

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: The Brain on December 11, 2016, 03:52:40 PM
Many kinds of ants climb trees.

In Brest-Litovsk, trees climb ants.

Bayraktar!

CountDeMoney

Quote from: grumbler on December 11, 2016, 06:22:22 PM
So you are saying the pheasants are revolting?

THEY STINK ON ICE

Berkut

Fascinating.

Anyway Grumbler, the game is naval of course, but I would not worry TOO much about the history behind how the match ups work. The Texas is considered, so far as I am aware, a decent battleship at Tier 5.

The range of the ships goes from WW1 through the immediate post-WW2 era. For the most part, as you move up in tiers, the ships become more advanced.

The US BB line:
1 - NA
2 - NA
3 - South Carolina (1910)
4 - Wyoming (1912), *Arkansas B (1912)
5 - New York (1914), *Texas (1914)
6 - New Mexico (1918), *Arizona (1916)
7 - Colorado (1923)
8 - North Carolina (1941)
9 - Iowa (1943), *Missouri (1944)
10 - Montana (1941* (design))

Typically, but not always, the Premium ship at a Tier might be a named ship of the Tier class. Might have some nominal changes to give it some flavor.

Probably way more info than you cared for or wanted, but I like talking about the game...

http://playtogether.worldofwarships.com/invite/7gzvYY6

:whistle:
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Syt

Ok, this is getting silly.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Martim Silva

Quote from: Berkut on December 11, 2016, 07:41:51 PM
Anyway Grumbler, the game is naval of course, but I would not worry TOO much about the history behind how the match ups work. The Texas is considered, so far as I am aware, a decent battleship at Tier 5.

The range of the ships goes from WW1 through the immediate post-WW2 era. For the most part, as you move up in tiers, the ships become more advanced.

Remember that tiers I-II vary quite a bit: the US tier I is the Erie, a WW2-era guboat, while most of the other countries have pre-dreadnaught types. Heck, the US tier III cruiser [that opens the way to the South Carolina] is the 1901 St. Louis - with the first hull having the 1907 Great White Fleet decorations  :)

(I put Steven Seagal in command of my St. Louis)

US BBs are usually underwhelming until the US gets its WW2 technology going: I'll take on a Texas with my Kongo any time of the day. The latter North Carolinas and Iowas are powerhouses, though.

If you want a premium ship, I sport the Tirpitz: it basically prints credits, and since - unlike the Bismarck - it's a BB with torpedoes, it can make bigger battleships run for their lives (just yesterday I had fun chasing for half the match a far stronger tier 9 BB that was terrified of my torpedo salvos).  :cool:

Quote from: Syt
Ok, this is getting silly.

Stop sailing in a straight line. And don't get near smoke screens.

Also, don't show your broadside unless you absolutely must.

Drakken

Might consider joining, even if I suck at this kind of game.  :hmm:

Berkut

Quote from: Drakken on December 15, 2016, 06:18:23 PM
Might consider joining, even if I suck at this kind of game.  :hmm:

http://playtogether.worldofwarships.com/invite/7gzvYY6

The German DD line is supposed to come out soon...we could play up it together!
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

CountDeMoney

Can you instapop something, Hood-style?