Main Menu

Syt's YouTube Channel

Started by Syt, May 01, 2015, 01:11:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Quote from: Syt on May 22, 2017, 02:05:04 AM
many viewers comment on how calm and non-salty I am during streams. :D

There goes your streaming career I am afraid :(

I believe you need to be a screaming, cursing, juvenile ahole to make it in today's publicity world.

Syt

Depends. There's quite a few chill streamers out there. SimCopter1 springs to mind, or Squirrel, both with high triple or medium four digit viewer numbers. Squirrel is a middle aged Brit playing mostly Euro Truck Simulator, Farming Simulator, and Cities Skylines. :bowler: And you have guys like Crendor.

Don't underestimate the "I just want to chill while watching streams" crowd, or people who leave a stream on while playing/doing something else.

That said, I don't mind just talking to myself during streams with no one watching. Did that for quite a few weeks. Dark Souls II is drawing more people - it's a game people like to watch to some extent but that doesn't get streamed all that much because it's the redheaded stepchild of the Souls series. Once I switch to, say, Darksiders, or Daggerfall or obscure wargames, I expect the viewer count to drop significantly.

I don't even have 100 followers at the moment (though viewers is more important than followers IMHO), and I'm well aware that people are tuning in for the game, not for me.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.