News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Syt's YouTube Channel

Started by Syt, May 01, 2015, 01:11:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

It's Sunday, time for the start of a week with another game. This time Thea: The Awakening, a game of turn based strategy, survival, and RPG elements infused with a dose of Eastern European mythology.

Let's play 7 Days of: Thea: The Awakening - Day 1
—Stephen Jay Gould

Pedrito

Quote from: Pedrito on January 19, 2016, 09:43:08 AM
You can't be worse than me: yesterday I played 40 turns without having a single clue about what I was doing and how to progress in the game.
The game seems interesting, but the map is a bit cluttered for my tastes, and the tutorial stops early and doesn't give enough info on several mechanics.

And reading manuals is for sissies.  :P

L.
I decided to put Endless Legend on hiatus while trying to finish Wasteland 2.

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Grey Fox

Quote from: Syt on January 24, 2016, 11:06:27 AM
It's Sunday, time for the start of a week with another game. This time Thea: The Awakening, a game of turn based strategy, survival, and RPG elements infused with a dose of Eastern European mythology.

Let's play 7 Days of: Thea: The Awakening - Day 1

The link doesn't work.

I also think, you need to start to sound more pissed off.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Syt

Fixed the link.

Meh, I'm too chill a person for that. It takes a while to really piss me off, and it's been a very, very long while since a computer game managed to do that.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

Been playing with OBS the last couple of days. I feel like doing Let's Plays again, but I'm considering trying live streaming instead. Worst case scenario would be that I play a game alone while talking to myself. Which is basically what Let's Plays on YouTube are, anyways. :P

SWTOR currently has an event till April for 250% XP if you're under level 70. Might be a good time to play the 7 class stories I haven't finished. -_-
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

I've tried out Twitch last two days, and it went pretty well, technically. 1080p, 60FPS, no dropped frames. :cool:

I'm mostly talking to myself for hours, but I picked up 5 followers, and have peaked at 3 concurrent viewers (which includes, sadly, me). :lol: Still, 4+ hours pass surprisingly quick.

I'll try out a schedule of 8pm weekdays and 2pm weekends for now.

At the moment I'm playing through the Bounty Hunter story in SWTOR. I like the story, but the bits between the story are less enjoyable. Thankfully, you can fast travel a lot more, taxi pads and fast travel points don't need to be "discovered", most side quests aren't visible anymore, and you get a speeder at level 10, so you save a lot of running/walking in the early levels.

If anyone wants to point and laugh at my ugly mug while I play games and mutter to myself, you can do so here:

https://www.twitch.tv/syt1976

Yesterday's stream is available as video, but I forgot to activate the automatic archiving option for the debut stream. :lol:

I will finish the BH story, but afterwards I will play some other game. I plan to mostly stick to RPGs (of which I have a HUGE backlog), and strategy games. Will definitely stream Stellaris when the expansion drops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

CountDeMoney

I will have to stop in and fling some pooh at you sometime. :)

Syt

Finished today's stream; that wraps up a week of streaming. :) Good experience so far.

I've stopped streaming SWTOR which was rather lonely and did Battle Brothers the last few days. That generally brought in a handful of viewers, usually fans of the game who would offer hints and advice. I really like the game (think turn based Mount & Blade with event cards & random world map), but I've had my band killed three times, and every time you start a new campaign you have to go through the same first couple of missions/events very time. Apparently players have requested the option to skip those, but the devs have rejected it. :(

Tomorrow afternoon I will stream Thimbleweed Park, the new point & click by Ron Gilbert, and on Sunday probably Stellaris pre-expansion, so I can better compare what changed.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

Except for the Malta break I've now been streaming every day for 8 weeks. Still enjoying it. :) I've settled into a regular schedule, 7:30 - 10:30 pm on work days, and 2 - 10:30 pm on weekends/holidays.

On weekends I get over 10 viewers most of the time, and I hit a record 22 yesterday, plus there's a few regular popping up by now. :D

My main game is Dark Souls II - Scholar of the First Sin at the moment, and many viewers comment on how calm and non-salty I am during streams. :D Played Endless Space 2 on Saturday. Good fun and may play it (or maybe Total War: Warhammer) again coming Saturday (which I loosely designate as "different game" day, to take a break from the main game).
—Stephen Jay Gould