News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Syt's YouTube Channel

Started by Syt, May 01, 2015, 01:11:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solmyr

Watching these. :)

I started a new heavily modded Skyrim game as a Khajiit bard (mostly roguish skills, archery, alchemy, illusion, probably smithing and enchanting too). Now trying to get the game to be stable - it's mostly okay, but occasionally CTDs. I'm checking if I can reduce the script load while keeping all the mods I really like.

Syt

Thanks. :) I was thinking of doing a vanilla Skyrim game, but after reading an article by a guy who's played Morrowind since release and keeps finding new stuff, I decided to give it a go again.

Would have liked to use the overhaul, but ... oh well. It worked with my old gfx card, but not any more. So vanilla-ish it is. :)

I had forgotten that walking/running anywhere was so slow. :D
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

I've put Morrowing on hiatus. There's long slow stretches in the game that I think it would be best to edit the episodes, but that's a bit too time consuming what with having to re-render the videos after that (if I had a second computer I could use exclusively for that I might consider it).

So for now, let's play Tharsis, a heavily luck based dice rolling game about a doomed mission to Mars: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqjtaMIU5O0
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Habbaku

While I really like the idea of Tharsis, it seems that there is very little content in total.  Combined with the fact that the choices seem pretty limited and repetitive, I'm not sure it's something I'd ever bother getting.

If they ever extend the concept (which I think is generally good), they might have a great game on their hands.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Quote from: Syt on January 18, 2016, 12:55:30 PM
Let's play 7 Days of: Tharsis - Day 2

Around ~minute 23, you used the research points to buy Special Tools, then seemed confused by what it did.  It applies 7 repair points to the module that the current crewman is in.  It brought the difficulty from 14 down to 7.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Syt

Yeah, I noticed in the next episode. At first I just read "Module Repaired" and thought "sweet!"

I agree that it's a decent concept, but while I don't mind the randomness, your actual options are often limited. In the main menu there's a button "Missions - Coming Soon" which indicates that they intend to add more content, but as it stands I'm not sure the recommended price of 14.99 is a good valu proposition (though it's heavily discounted atm).

I will do a quick summary of my impressions after Day 7.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Pedrito

I'm planning to watch your Endless Legend series; I've got the game , but have a hard time "getting" it.

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Syt

Quote from: Pedrito on January 19, 2016, 03:14:06 AM
I'm planning to watch your Endless Legend series; I've got the game , but have a hard time "getting" it.

L.

I'm extremely crap at it and go down in flames in that series. :lol: Arumba did a decent series on it, I believe, with the recent expansion.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Pedrito

You can't be worse than me: yesterday I played 40 turns without having a single clue about what I was doing and how to progress in the game.
The game seems interesting, but the map is a bit cluttered for my tastes, and the tutorial stops early and doesn't give enough info on several mechanics.

And reading manuals is for sissies.  :P

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould