[Gay] Gay News from Around the Gay World That is Gay

Started by Martinus, June 19, 2009, 04:33:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: dps on June 23, 2018, 10:49:04 AM
As a supporter of the death penalty, my take isn't that it's a bad thing that he was sentenced to death.  The bad thing is that he might not have been sentenced to death if he was straight.

Which is the title of said article. :P
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Liep

Liverpool LGBT fan group condemns Mo Salah for accepting an honorary citizenship to Chechnya from Kadyrov. The 2nd time a muslim player creates controversy under this WC for being to close with leaders with questionable human rights records. First being Özil/Erdogan

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DgY-9OIWkAEYiGa.jpg
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/jun/23/mo-salah-egypt-liverpool-ramzan-kadyrov-chechnya-russia-world-cup

QuoteRamzan Kadyrov has given Mohamed Salah honorary citizenship in Chechnya, taking advantage of the Liverpool forward's short stay in Russia's most controversial republic.

Egypt's national team are based in Chechnya for the World Cup despite outrage from rights organisations pointing to the region's crackdown on political opponents and a widely reported anti-gay pogrom, which Kadyrov has denied.

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Solmyr

Helsinki Pride march this year had 100000 people. Last year there were 35000.  :showoff: :yeah: Other side included one anti-gay-marriage old lady and a few nationalist racist anti-immigration types.

Josquius

Whilst increasingly anyone who was  famous in the 60s and 70s is being revealed to be a horrible monster, new revelations about David Atenborough just make him lovelier.

https://inews.co.uk/news/david-attenborough-fought-to-put-transgender-people-on-tv-45-years-ago-secret-bbc-memo-reveals/
██████
██████
██████

Valmy

Quote from: Tyr on July 28, 2018, 03:37:48 PM
Whilst increasingly anyone who was  famous in the 60s and 70s is being revealed to be a horrible monster,

:unsure:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

grumbler

Quote from: Valmy on July 28, 2018, 07:37:40 PM
Quote from: Tyr on July 28, 2018, 03:37:48 PM
Whilst increasingly anyone who was  famous in the 60s and 70s is being revealed to be a horrible monster,

:unsure:

I think he's talking about Woody Hayes and Bear Bryant.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

grumbler

Quote from: Eddie Teach on July 29, 2018, 09:38:37 AM
Don't forget the devilish John Wooden.

Wooden was outed a long time ago. Look up "Sam Gilbert."
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

The Larch

A referendum was held today in Romania to change the constitution into making marriage strictly consisting of a man and a woman. The population reacted by massively...ignoring it, and the turnout was barely 20% (even with two voting days and the threshold for validity being as low as 30%).

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Solmyr

If you thought the Trump administration could not sink any lower...

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/21/us/politics/transgender-trump-administration-sex-definition.html

QuoteWASHINGTON — The Trump administration is considering narrowly defining gender as a biological, immutable condition determined by genitalia at birth, the most drastic move yet in a governmentwide effort to roll back recognition and protections of transgender people under federal civil rights law.

Malthus

Quote from: Solmyr on October 21, 2018, 04:07:28 PM
If you thought the Trump administration could not sink any lower...

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/21/us/politics/transgender-trump-administration-sex-definition.html

QuoteWASHINGTON — The Trump administration is considering narrowly defining gender as a biological, immutable condition determined by genitalia at birth, the most drastic move yet in a governmentwide effort to roll back recognition and protections of transgender people under federal civil rights law.

It's a totally predictable move on their part.

The Trumpites love nothing better than outraging gender activists, and the more riled up they get the activists against them, the better they like it. They know they can "sell" this debate to a majority of the population as 'our enemies' cause is fighting to let men into women's bathrooms'.

This moves the narrative away from 'Trump is a pathological liar, loyal only to himself, and even those he hand-picked as flunkies can't work with his bullshit'.   
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Valmy

I just want to say that I was never under the false impression that the Trump Administration cannot sink any lower.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

grumbler

Quote from: Valmy on October 22, 2018, 08:52:20 AM
I just want to say that I was never under the false impression that the Trump Administration cannot sink any lower.

I thought we had reached Peak Trump with the UN speech but that illusion didn't last 24 hours. 

Bayraktar!

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.