News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Cities:Skylines

Started by Rex Francorum, February 10, 2015, 11:46:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonitrus

This isn't 19th century England...most manufacturing facilities these days don't have smoke stacks.   :rolleyes:

Tonitrus

Though that leads me to a question...is it possible to massively increase the variety of buildings by importing/creating custom drawn/made ones?  Or is that process/ability limited by the game mechanics?

Grey Fox

Quote from: Tonitrus on March 14, 2015, 10:05:27 PM
Though that leads me to a question...is it possible to massively increase the variety of buildings by importing/creating custom drawn/made ones?  Or is that process/ability limited by the game mechanics?

Yes, there are mods that add growable buildings. Look at the steam workshop for the game.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Syt

Quote from: Grey Fox on March 14, 2015, 09:53:11 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 14, 2015, 08:22:45 PM
lol, "European density"  JEW FACTOR FIVE

Euros kind have a point tho, every city/town, just looks like America.

Not sure about that. A lot of residential buildings give off more of a rural Scandinavian vibe IMHO, which makes sense considering that the developers are in Tampere, Finland.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

HVC

Got 3 million bucks, and 48k citizens, but my city is plain as fuck.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Syt

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 14, 2015, 08:25:23 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 14, 2015, 08:22:45 PM
lol, "European density"  JEW FACTOR FIVE

It'll go well Funk's Industrial hellscapes. THROW ANOTHER JEW IN THE FURNACE.

—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

I love the mod that auto-bulldozes abandoned buildings and buildings that have burned to the ground. :wub:
—Stephen Jay Gould

Pedrito

how do sewage pumps work?
they're connected to my pipe network, but it seems they don't start.

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Syt

I presume they have power, too?

Then they should work. You should see a stream of water coming out of them.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Josquius

So it is worth getting? Better than sim city 4 or...?
██████
██████
██████

CountDeMoney

I bulldozed the fuck out of some low density housing to place my university.  Liberal Arts Eminent Domain, motherfuckers. 

Solmyr

Quote from: Syt on March 15, 2015, 04:52:09 AM
I love the mod that auto-bulldozes abandoned buildings and buildings that have burned to the ground. :wub:

There's another mod that stops abandoning. You can create your own slums!

FunkMonk

I've constructed a monument to the struggle of our people during the war in the middle of the people's square.

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Syt

Innsbruck wasn't quite panning out, so I restarted on an Athens based map.

Jealous of Funk's screenshots, though; they look so pretty. :wub:
—Stephen Jay Gould