News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Cities:Skylines

Started by Rex Francorum, February 10, 2015, 11:46:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FunkMonk

Behold! From atop the capitalist enclave-towers we can survey the city below.

Bourgeois pretensions abound as onlookers from across the city peer back at their corporate masters!

The rich and the super rich relax in their home-away-from-home mega-mansions and sip upon the chalice of industry in the shadow of their glass and steel castles.

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

FunkMonk

And some other nice pictures of my town :P

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

MadBurgerMaker

Hey, it includes Weinermobiles.  Sold.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Syt on March 12, 2015, 03:02:35 PM
My little town.

That's one creepy ass looking elevated circle in the middle of the city :lol:  And were it to scale, I'm sure it would be a complete nightmare at rush hour.   :P  Not to mention the ideal Ground Zero for a terror attack.  ALLAHU LET ME OVER DAMMIT

PRC

I want to get this.  From what I can see the deluxe edition only offers five extra monuments:

Statue of Liberty
Eiffel Tower
Brandenburg Gate
Arc de Triomphe
Grand central terminal

Not sure if it has more than that?  Worth the extra charge?

Grey Fox

Not really, it has an asset editor & steam workshop.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Syt

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 12, 2015, 06:04:45 PM
Quote from: Syt on March 12, 2015, 03:02:35 PM
My little town.

That's one creepy ass looking elevated circle in the middle of the city :lol:  And were it to scale, I'm sure it would be a complete nightmare at rush hour.   :P  Not to mention the ideal Ground Zero for a terror attack.  ALLAHU LET ME OVER DAMMIT

The connection of both sides of the city to the highway kept clogging up (probably because I had too many roads connecting into it - I've now learned that having too many intersections too close to one another can hamper traffic), and I needed a connection between the two city parts. So after messing around for an hour I decided to build an elevated 6 lane roundabout with four ramps. It's working fine. :lol:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

One of the really neat things is that you can "paint" district borders onto your city. So I replaced my original industrial area with office space. Business were slow to settle, so I gave them tax breaks. You can apply any ordnance or tax break/penalty that you can choose for your city to a district (e.g. Riverside has banned all heavy traffic and has "smart homes" to make sure it's a nice place for people to live at).
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Solmyr

So my first city failed horribly after my coal plants could not get enough fuel for some reason, I had electricity shortages, and everything else became inoperational due to those. Also, my libertard citizens thought that 15% tax rate is too high. :P Oh well, behold the ruined hellhole:

CountDeMoney

Syt

Someone rebuilt GTA V's Los Santos in game:

—Stephen Jay Gould

Rex Francorum

Wow.  :blink:

My little town does not compare. It is my 3rd try, mostly because I mismanaged the map creation (I only play on my creations so far). So this new town has a great location and a circular band of highways and train. Still, I am still learning the art and science of putting highway connections.

That region has some potential

To rent

Razgovory

Can you spawn disasters?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Rex Francorum

I don't think there are disasters included in the game, except flooding when you mismanage dams.  :lol:
To rent

Syt

With http://terrain.party/ you can create height maps ready for importing into the game's map editor.

And a tutorial video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbfEkNW-IIo
—Stephen Jay Gould