News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Cities:Skylines

Started by Rex Francorum, February 10, 2015, 11:46:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

I suspect it may have been that my water purifier was too close to my industry. Really weird though.
██████
██████
██████

Norgy

I really enjoy the new DLC.

My "Fuckinschlepwood" is suffering a bit from too narrow streets and that the snow removal is slow.

The more I play, the more engrossing this game is. My last city before "Fuckinschlepwood" grew really fast and I had such a surplus of money from mining and oil, it became a bit boring. A 20k town with a subway system? Sure. People were so sick from pollution, I think very few worked after a while.  :lol:

lustindarkness

I think I am in the process of creating a monster (a bigger gaming monster) but I may be able to get Cities Skylines soon.

We got a laptop for my daughter that can run this game, she plays Minecraft on it (she is awesome on it). But the only way I can get her off the damn thing is when I let her play Call of Duty on the PS4 (on her own account). Anyway, I am hoping to get it finally, and I am strangely excited about it, its been a long time since I played a city builder.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Syt

Someone made the "Covfefe Museum" (based off the Quai Branly Museum in Paris):

"Great museum, it's the best museum you've ever seen. Green façade, tremendous stuff, in fact it's the most ecological building. It's full of things, the greatest things. Best thing is, you can visit for free, even if you're from Paris. It's named after a word, the best word."

:lol:

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Grey Fox

@lusti Cities is coming to the PS4 (already out for the Xbone).
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Solmyr

garbon

Did anyone get the Industries expansion? /if so, how was it?

I didn't buy it as I'm concerned about how all these 'area' based expansions don't really seem to be merged into the existing game structure. Specifically from what I read it sounds like there is still regular industry zoning (a la RIC) and then area zoning for this that is unique like how park zoning is unique. Actually parks another place where you have park zoning but that's different from the existing park structures that come with the base game.

I guess this is a side effect of the DLC model but all these new areas with their unique mechanics feel like chrome on top of the base game rather than integrated in.

Their newly announced campus expansion seems to be the same way as well. :(
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Caliga

Maybe I'll try getting back into this game.  I always loved city builders and was really disappointed when the last SimCity was such a tremendous disaster.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Josquius

I hope when a sequel finally comes they'll allow for European-style cities rather than restricting us to American-style.
██████
██████
██████

garbon

Quote from: Tyr on May 10, 2019, 01:32:59 PM
I hope when a sequel finally comes they'll allow for European-style cities rather than restricting us to American-style.

They've had Euro style buildings for quite some time and allow for alternate side driving. What else are you looking for?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

HVC

Quote from: garbon on May 10, 2019, 02:27:39 PM

They've had Euro style buildings for quite some time and allow for alternate side driving. What else are you looking for?

coal mines
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Syt

Plus, there's tons of European buildings on the workshop.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josquius

Quote from: garbon on May 10, 2019, 02:27:39 PM

That just gives you American style cities with a few old looking buildings about.

No, far more what is needed is a city game where it is viable to build a non-car focussed city. And not just as a hacky challenge. But as part of the way the game actually works.
██████
██████
██████

garbon

Josquius

Whats so funny?
You don't agree that the game, and all like it, always lead to very car driven cities unless you behave in a obviously undesigned way?
██████
██████
██████