News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Cities:Skylines

Started by Rex Francorum, February 10, 2015, 11:46:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

I always played with them switched off, anyways. :blush: I find the lack of random map generator more problematic, but at least there's a map editor, and Steam Workshop integration.

First goal: create a heavy industry hellhole with high pollution and low life expectancy. I'll call it Magnitogorsk.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

No random map is a dealbreaker.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

sbr

From Shams' (PR guy) Twitter:

QuoteCities: Skylines has broken more or less every single Paradox record so far. Lifetime sales (Magicka) and lifetime revenue (CK2) are left

Grey Fox

It sits at #4 on Steam concurrent player charts, #3 is possible.

#2 & #1 are unreachable for any game.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

FunkMonk

Player-made maps and other stuff like buildings and gameplay mods should be plentiful in the Steam Workshop, as long as the game takes off and becomes fairly popular.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Syt

Had a go at it and like it quite a bit so far. Fairly intuitive, and plopping down roads and zones has little helpers where you can see how many blocks a road will be. Really hoping for more buildings made by users, because variety could be bigger (then again, this was done by a 13 person team, which is all kinds of impressive). Also, I'm hoping they'll add an option to disable depth of field.

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

The Brain

Yeah if I want a model town I can build it IRL.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Grey Fox

@Syt, there is already an option for that. It's called Tilt Shift. Turn it all the way down.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Syt

Quote from: Grey Fox on March 10, 2015, 06:12:50 PM
@Syt, there is already an option for that. It's called Tilt Shift. Turn it all the way down.

Yeah, much better, thanks. :)
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

Hm, I think I have a bit of a bottleneck at the off ramp into my town. :hmm:

—Stephen Jay Gould

Solmyr

Btw, are those two ramps that you start with supposed to be one-way? Does it matter what kind of road you connect to them?

FunkMonk

This game is really good.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Syt

Quote from: Solmyr on March 11, 2015, 06:01:50 AM
Btw, are those two ramps that you start with supposed to be one-way? Does it matter what kind of road you connect to them?

Highway lanes are one way, but you can connect them with any road. Also, you can replace the roads you start with.
—Stephen Jay Gould

KRonn

Quote from: Grey Fox on February 11, 2015, 08:11:08 AM
Have you tried Banished?

My favorite city builder is not really a city builder : Anno 1701. I just turn off warfare in the settings & play a fun game of putting everything in the right place.
I've played Banished and like it. It's not a huge game and gets kind of crowded and unwieldy the more people you get, but it's a fun and easy to get into game.

I love Anno 1400, I think that's the one I play. I've played several and play this one a lot. Fun games and yeah, the building parts are the best, more so than combat, for my play style anyway.

Syt

My little town.

I've since redesigned old downtown by expanding the roads to four lanes, which meant bulldozing the houses and businesses of a lot of people.  :blush:

—Stephen Jay Gould