News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Total War: Warhammer is coming

Started by Solmyr, January 14, 2015, 06:12:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FunkMonk

SSD is highly recommended for total war games nowadays. Loading times are way faster
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Josquius

Dammit. Knew I should have bought xcom 2 last month.
Might be tempted on this anyway.
██████
██████
██████

MadBurgerMaker

Valmy

I got a little burned out after 50 straight battles with the Vampire Counts. Stupid 'I can create a full army again seconds after losing the last one' shit.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

samiov84

Solmyr

Josquius

Vampire Counts are weird.

They should be a glass army. Very tough, but knock out the necromancer/vampire and they crumble.
In one battle I managed to get my general behind the fighting to smash the vampire to pieces, excellent I thought, victory...but no. They fought on.

In a later battle I also managed to kill the vampire but the same happened, they continued...for a while. Then all at once they crumbled.
Wonder how long you have to wait between the death of the vampire and the army crumbling
██████
██████
██████

Lettow77

There is no special mechanic to trigger army crumbling on the death of their vampire. They have a leadership stat just like living troops, and take the same leadership penalty to suddenly losing their general. Once the bar swings too far against your force they can mass-crumble, just like a mass route. Since the leadership of lesser undead units is pretty low they can suffer badly to losing their lord, but you can keep their morale up with very undead things like having flanks secure, not being tired, or having the high ground.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Razgovory

Addition of more RAM didn't make much difference.  I need a new rig.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Solmyr

Warhammer 2 announced: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXxe897bW-A

Apparently, it will link together with the first game if you have it, so you'll be able to play all the old races in the New World (and new races in the Old World).

Lettow77

Initial four races will be High Elves, Dark Elves, Lizardmen, and Skaven. There is decent evidence to suggest Tomb Kings will be the first DLC or a preorder bonus faction.

The internet is alive with controversy that Slann have been incorrectly depicted as having navels.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Lettow77

Race is, as you know, purely a social construct. High Elves are Elves that identify as #Ulthuanborn and feel that Malekith is #NotMyPhoenixKing

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Lettow77 on April 02, 2017, 06:11:46 AM
Race is, as you know, purely a social construct. High Elves are Elves that identify as #Ulthuanborn and feel that Malekith is #NotMyPhoenixKing

:lol:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Josquius

Quote from: Lettow77 on April 02, 2017, 04:23:31 AM
Initial four races will be High Elves, Dark Elves, Lizardmen, and Skaven. There is decent evidence to suggest Tomb Kings will be the first DLC or a preorder bonus faction.

The internet is alive with controversy that Slann have been incorrectly depicted as having navels.

So a Warhammer-Americas setting?
██████
██████
██████