13 (34.2%)
I usually do not know last names of people I have sex with
5 (13.2%)
I hardly ever know last names of people I have sex with
2 (5.3%)

Total Members Voted: 38

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on December 11, 2014, 10:51:10 AM
Weird. I definitely think that wine can be used (when used properly?) to help accentuate the taste of food.

How does it accentuate the taste?  Does it make steak taste more steaky?

garbon

Quote from: Ideologue on December 11, 2014, 10:25:27 AM
Money's right. Alcohol with meals isn't very appetizing.

Yeah that must be why having alcohol with meals is so incredibly rare.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 11, 2014, 10:52:00 AM
Quote from: garbon on December 11, 2014, 10:51:10 AM
Weird. I definitely think that wine can be used (when used properly?) to help accentuate the taste of food.

How does it accentuate the taste?  Does it make steak taste more steaky?

It can make it more flavorful yes. And I will say, the first time I had a desert Zinfandel with a piece of sweet dark chocolate, I was amazed. I thought for sure it'd make the chocolate taste meh, but it made it taste more chocolately. :P
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

garbon

On a different note, I realized that at the party I was at last night - I didn't know the last name of a single person. Not even my friend. -_-

CountDeMoney

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 11, 2014, 11:00:40 AM
Mulva.

Oh that's true too. I didn't bother paying attention to most of the first names that I was given as I was like, I'm pretty sure that I will never see any of you again. :D :blush:

Ideologue

Quote from: garbon on December 11, 2014, 10:52:10 AM
Quote from: Ideologue on December 11, 2014, 10:25:27 AM
Money's right. Alcohol with meals isn't very appetizing.

Yeah that must be why having alcohol with meals is so incredibly rare.

Maybe I should've said "I agree." Jeez.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Martinus

Quote from: garbon on December 11, 2014, 11:02:43 AM
Mulva.

Oh that's true too. I didn't bother paying attention to most of the first names that I was given as I was like, I'm pretty sure that I will never see any of you again. :D :blush:

Well, it's hard to make proper introductions when everybody is referring to you as "yon mulatto". :P

Martinus

And comments like those made by Ide and CdM show they are working class. See, garbon, not so hard.

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on December 11, 2014, 05:22:30 PM
And comments like those made by Ide and CdM show they are working class. See, garbon, not so hard.

Good call. I now need to become a keen observer of these things.

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on December 11, 2014, 05:21:34 PM
Quote from: garbon on December 11, 2014, 11:02:43 AM
Mulva.

Well, it's hard to make proper introductions when everybody is referring to you as "yon mulatto". :P

On another note, I got told by two people that I had an accent. One wondered if I was from London and the other said "you totally speak like a valley girl." I desperately need to distance myself from whatever caused that first interpretation as I am not going to be one of those Madonna Americans. :x :angry: :weep:

Ideologue

Quote from: Martinus on December 11, 2014, 05:22:30 PM

I dunno, man.  My family owned a piano.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Capetan Mihali

My family owned a Hammond B3. :cool:
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)