N. Korea hacks Sony in revenge for Seth Rogen's film "The Interview"

Started by jimmy olsen, December 04, 2014, 03:05:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

The Korean pejorative for Japanese is "weh-nom," which translates loosely as "short-legged barbarians."

Ideologue

Just because they have one of you does not mean the Korean people are particularly tall.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Admiral Yi

My full-blooded Korean uncle is 6'5''.  And Japs are in fact little tiny people.

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Ideologue on December 28, 2014, 04:29:46 PM
Just because they have one of you does not mean the Korean people are particularly tall.
Koreans are much taller than Japanese and Han Chinese, I was shocked when I got here.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Jacob

Quote from: jimmy olsen on December 28, 2014, 07:24:49 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on December 28, 2014, 04:29:46 PM
Koreans are much taller than Japanese and Han Chinese, I was shocked when I got here.

I think it has a fair bit to do with diet, to be honest - it's my impression that South Koreans eat more meat and more Western food as well compared to the Japanese and Chinese of comparable generations.

North Koreans are not, as I understand it, very tall at all.

Josquius

Koreans really aren't much taller than Japanese people.
I find that young Japanese guys tend to be a pretty similar height to westerners. At my high school in japan were lots of kids at around the 190 mark.
Girls oddly enough tend to be shorter than western women though. There weren't many tall ones over there <_<

I was quite surprised when I went to Korea and found everyone just looked Japanese. I had been led to expect a land of beautiful plastic people
██████
██████
██████

celedhring

Sony has revealed Interview's online sales: $15m so far. That's a lot. It's not going to be enough to make up the losses, but it will certainly cushion the blow.

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/sony-the-interview-has-made-over-15-million-online-1201388557/

Films, in general, earn very little on Digital compared to theatrical or DVD sales, but this one has had a rather unique story.

Ideologue

Kinemalogue

HVC

Quote from: celedhring on December 29, 2014, 04:54:56 AM
Sony has revealed Interview's online sales: $15m so far. That's a lot. It's not going to be enough to make up the losses, but it will certainly cushion the blow.

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/sony-the-interview-has-made-over-15-million-online-1201388557/

Films, in general, earn very little on Digital compared to theatrical or DVD sales, but this one has had a rather unique story.

I wonder if they'll go low on the Hollywood Accounting when it's all said and done so that the claim this movie made a net profit at the end
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Martinus

Quote from: Jacob on December 28, 2014, 11:57:46 PMNorth Koreans are not, as I understand it, very tall at all.

But surely they eat at least as well as South Koreans.  :hmm:

Sheilbh

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 27, 2014, 03:09:58 PM
Regardless of the box office, the true, lasting and measurable impact of all this is:  more Seth Rogan and James Franco movies.  :bleeding:
I know :(

It's as if the Ayatollahs issued a fatwa against Jilly Cooper not Salman Rushdie :(
Let's bomb Russia!

celedhring

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 27, 2014, 03:09:58 PM
Regardless of the box office, the true, lasting and measurable impact of all this is:  more Seth Rogan and James Franco movies.  :bleeding:

A quick look at Rogen's IMDB page reveals he already has 5 films in the can. One of them written and directed by Franco  :bleeding:

Ideologue

Kinemalogue